Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Curve for a Mono Cartridge
I am getting a ZERO, I would like to know what others are using for a Startup Curve? I will be playing mono records made in the 60s, 70s and current day.

Thanks!
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(31-May-2017, 01:12)baddog Wrote: I am getting a ZERO, I would like to know what others are using for a Startup Curve? I will be playing mono records made in the 60s, 70s and current day.

Thanks!

The 

RIAA standard was published in 1954 and whilst not all record companies went to it straight away I would guess they all had by the 60s.
It was updated in 1976 iirc to reduce the boost at subsonic frequencies so warps produced less problems.
So unless you plan to play very old discs RIAA is the "correct" one, though you may prefer the tonal balance shift of one of the others Smile
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Thank you for this tidbit as well, now I just need to spend Thursday/Friday mounting and aligning the cartridge.

RIAA it is.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US