Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Asking Differently - Setting Sub Delay
(02-Jan-2020, 19:56)thumb5 Wrote:
(02-Jan-2020, 16:48)chrisc Wrote: Sound travels at 343 metres per second
So to compensate for the 2 metres distance, it is 2/343 which equates to 0.00582ms
Looking at the Configurator, you can change the delay of the stereo pair by 70 microsecond increments, so you can select 485 or 605 microseconds, save it and see if you can detect a difference
My sub (B&W db1) is 1/2m in front of my stereo pair and I could detect no difference
I think low frequencies are less evident than those above say 250Hz
80Hz sounds right to me.  Mine is set the same
To avoid confusion: I think you meant to say 5.83 ms, that's to say 0.00583 s.

Yes, quite right, thanks.  Sometimes getting the position of the decimal is tricky...!
                                                           Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Listening stuff:  Mercury Pi2 / Gentooplayer,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  Mogami speaker cable to ET LF8bs, B&W DB1 sub, Power from 7.5kW inverter.  2 x Dachshunds
(05-Jan-2020, 20:58)ismarketing Wrote: FWIW - Still no response or guidance from Devialet.  I even tried calling their flag ship store in New York, and nobody there was able to help either.

You don't expect a salesman to know things like this?   The tech guys there, if they are any, should be able to point you in the right direction

Getting back to Devialet themselves, sometimes I have had a worthwhile answer in a day or two, other times not.   If you actually want to buy something, then it is a whole different ball game
                                                           Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Listening stuff:  Mercury Pi2 / Gentooplayer,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  Mogami speaker cable to ET LF8bs, B&W DB1 sub, Power from 7.5kW inverter.  2 x Dachshunds