Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What album are you listening tonight?
[Image: 711N3c4-9AL._SL1070_.jpg]
TOYS:- Devialet 400, PS Audio Perfectwave Transport, Melco N1A, Boenicke W8's, cabled throughout Chord Signature tuned aray. Intel I7 NUC Roon Rock/Tidal.
Mains supply, dedicated consumer unit, 5Kw balanced transformer,
. plenty of IFI accessories, Melco Ethernet cables, Townshend isolation throughout, All furutech mains cables.
Recently added. PS Audio PP5, Townshend Audio 5 tier Seismic table.SBooster psu for NUC,

I'm not sure how this came across my desktop, but I'm enjoying it. To Dust, by  Built to Fade. A bit groove/ electro soft soul-funk; a sort of Morcheeba, Thievery Corporation, Zero 7, The Polish Ambassador blend... but that is probably not very accurate. Still, a nice listen. Not challenging, but something that one could settle into. Nice solid layering of sounds. Probably suits a solid chardonay more than a peaty scotch. If that helps. Found on Deezer. 

Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Rolling Stones

The star-studded 1968 concert special "The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus".

Rock and Roll Circus features The Rolling Stones as ringmasters of a surreal circus that includes performances by them, as well as The Who, Jethro Tull, Taj Mahal, Marianne Faithfull and the one-off supergroup The Dirty Mac, featuring John Lennon, Eric Clapton, Keith Richards and Jimi Hendrix drummer Mitch Mitchell. (HRA)

Entertaining Big Grin

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Underworld & The Necks "Appleshine Continuum"

[Image: t9LFOmT.png]

Not sure how to describe this, but I like it very much.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(26-Jun-2019, 03:29)Damon Wrote: I'm not sure how this came across my desktop, but I'm enjoying it. To Dust, by  Built to Fade. A bit groove/ electro soft soul-funk; a sort of Morcheeba, Thievery Corporation, Zero 7, The Polish Ambassador blend... but that is probably not very accurate. Still, a nice listen. Not challenging, but something that one could settle into. Nice solid layering of sounds. Probably suits a solid chardonay more than a peaty scotch. If that helps. Found on Deezer. 

Yes, very good.
I had no idea of its existence.
Too bad they only made one album.
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
@BoyScout
Glad you like it. I've listened to it a couple of times. Not with intense attention, but it is an easy sort of album to have in the background and then focus on when something catches your ear. Now I just need someone with ROON to tell me about similar and related artists and albums....[Image: wink.gif]
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
(28-Jun-2019, 02:51)Damon Wrote: Now I just need someone with ROON to tell me about similar and related artists and albums....[Image: wink.gif]

As is often said when a brand is mentioned, other options are available, for example
Built to Fade similar artists
Porcupine Tree "Fear of a Blank Planet"

[Image: ndOX65B.png]
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
How much amplifier power do I need to listen to.... oops. My mind must be contaminated by that other discussion. As an antidote, I recommend Bones of Man, by Equador. Modern, electro-pop in the melodic ambient class generally. Some breathy female vocals, but also some chord changes and progressions that are not the usual pablum. Nicely recorded (I think) with tone/ texture on instruments that invites one's attention. Its in my favourites to spend more time with.

Broadly compatible with Emancipator, Hiatus, The Polish Ambassador.

Damon
Vancouver, Canada
34 years ago, Miles Davis recorded a special album. It has never been published. Til today. 2019 will be "Rubberband".

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria