Thread Rating:
  • 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What album are you listening tonight?
Hello.  I am listening to Mount Eerie  A crow looked at me.  Brutal listen,  but great.
And also Bonnie Raitt   Give it up.
Steely Dan   Aja,
Tool "Fear Inoculum"

[Image: LDrzh76.png]
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
While browsing a move soundtrack playlist on Deezer, I came across a track from the movie soundtrack for American Beauty, one of the films I'm attached to; sort of a personal favourite. Then searching for the artist, Thomas Newman, I came to this soundtrack for the move Tolkien.

I've been listening to this for quite a while. It is really nice; involving, textural, modern, rhythmic, moody. It 'fills the space' of your listening, which I always appreciate. It could be background music, or something that you settle into. Not necessarily challenging, but clearly nicely crafted and I think it stands alone as music without the movie to go with. If you like Ludovico Einaudi, or contemporary classical,  then this album will probably be pleasing. Sometimes it reminds me of the soundtrack from the old move, Diva, from many years ago.

Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
The Famous Sound of There blind mice. Vol 1. On Vinyl.
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
(31-Aug-2019, 10:36)thumb5 Wrote: Tool "Fear Inoculum"

[Image: LDrzh76.png]
Some of the young blokes at work were talking about this album so I decided to give it a go. I'm not a metal fan at all but I'm really liking this one. Been playing it almost daily.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(14-Sep-2019, 12:09)Pim Wrote: Some of the young blokes at work were talking about this album so I decided to give it a go. I'm not a metal fan at all but I'm really liking this one. Been playing it almost daily.

Glad you're enjoying it, Pim.  Generally, I'm not a big metal fan either (and even less a young bloke!).
Warwickshire, UK
Pinback "Information Retrieved"

[Image: JZIYWN0.png]

Sparse, melodic and thoughtful American indie rock - highly recommended.
Warwickshire, UK
Tricky  Maxinquaye
Khruangbin.

Attached Files
.pdf   Sem nome.pdf (Size: 1.51 MB / Downloads: 14)
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
The Complete Faces: 1971-1973 (Remastered)

Again, back to the roots! Rolleyes

Download HRA 192/24

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria