Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What delights me about my Devialet
It's a fabulous piece of kit that brings the music to life. Best investment I've ever made.
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
I was very happy with my 170. SQ was fantastic and that was all I cared about. Then came the extra 30 Watts, which was the upgrade I didn't know I needed for my Dynaudio C1's. Then came SAM, which gave me almost the bass I always wanted and now I've got SAM 2, which gives me the bass I've always wanted.

I love how I can sometimes use my iPhone to play a few tunes when I don't have time to sit down and listen and how I can use it as a remote when I'm in another room.

Since a few weeks I've signed up to Netflix and I love how our dog sometimes stares at the speakers trying to work out the dialog of movies. The other day he sat on my lap and he was mesmerised by something he heard, just staring to the centre of the speakers for minutes; something he never did with my old system.

Although I like the looks, I'm not a fan of showing off. I think I would have been happier if it looked a bit more understated. Whenever I have a new friend listening I always find myself telling them not to be influenced by the looks. "It might look like a lifestyle product but just have a listen and you will find it's not"

I also love this forum (even though it's unofficial, to me it's part of the Devialet experience) Just before the start of 2015 my wife had a lung transplant. Normally not the easiest operation to go through, my wife's was a total nightmare. For the first two weeks I lived at the hospital and it took 5 months before she was able to leave. In those early very dark days, I read this forum almost daily. It was my little bit of 'sane' in an otherwise insane existence. A daily escape from reality. So thank you all for keeping me sane when I needed it most.  Shy
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(30-Jul-2015, 13:50)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I was very happy with my 170. SQ was fantastic and that was all I cared about. Then came the extra 30 Watts, which was the upgrade I didn't know I needed for my Dynaudio C1's. Then came SAM, which gave me almost the bass I always wanted and now I've got SAM 2, which gives me the bass I've always wanted.

I love how I can sometimes use my iPhone to play a few tunes when I don't have time to sit down and listen and how I can use it as a remote when I'm in another room.

Since a few weeks I've signed up to Netflix and I love how our dog sometimes stares at the speakers trying to work out the dialog of movies. The other day he sat on my lap and he was mesmerised by something he heard, just staring to the centre of the speakers for minutes; something he never did with my old system.

Although I like the looks, I'm not a fan of showing off. I think I would have been happier if it looked a bit more understated. Whenever I have a new friend listening I always find myself telling them not to be influenced by the looks. "It might look like a lifestyle product but just have a listen and you will find it's not"

I also love this forum (even though it's unofficial, to me it's part of the Devialet experience) Just before the start of 2015 my wife had a lung transplant. Normally not the easiest operation to go through, my wife's was a total nightmare. For the first two weeks I lived at the hospital and it took 5 months before she was able to leave. In those early very dark days, I read this forum almost daily. It was my little bit of 'sane' in an otherwise insane existence. A daily escape from reality. So thank you all for keeping me sane when I needed it most.  Shy

Pim, didn't know about the transplant. I'm happy to hear she is better and that somehow we share the "sanity" effect this forum sometimes brings to us. Hope she recovers fully soon!

All the best!

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.
(30-Jul-2015, 13:59)LBameule Wrote: Pim, didn't know about the transplant. I'm happy to hear she is better and that somehow we share the "sanity" effect this forum sometimes brings to us. Hope she recovers fully soon!

+1

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(30-Jul-2015, 13:50)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I also love this forum (even though it's unofficial, to me it's part of the Devialet experience) Just before the start of 2015 my wife had a lung transplant. Normally not the easiest operation to go through, my wife's was a total nightmare. For the first two weeks I lived at the hospital and it took 5 months before she was able to leave. In those early very dark days, I read this forum almost daily. It was my little bit of 'sane' in an otherwise insane existence. A daily escape from reality. So thank you all for keeping me sane when I needed it most.  Shy

Wow, I do hope your wife is feeling better, Pim.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
Wow I was just reading through this thread to add my adulation when I got to Pim's post.
That puts things into a proper perspective.
The fact that I consider the Devialet transparent pales into total insignificance.

Pim I am so glad you wife is eventually home and my heartfelt best wishes for a full recovery as speedily as possible.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(30-Jul-2015, 13:50)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I was very happy with my 170. SQ was fantastic and that was all I cared about. Then came the extra 30 Watts, which was the upgrade I didn't know I needed for my Dynaudio C1's. Then came SAM, which gave me almost the bass I always wanted and now I've got SAM 2, which gives me the bass I've always wanted.

Hi Pim,

Just let me add my best wishes to you and your wife and hope for her continuing recovery.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Pim van Vliet - Hope for speedy recovery!.

I had almost similar experience with My Mom (Paralytic, Diabitic, with Heart conditions) suffered with UTI. which had taken over her complete body. In ICU - Ward - followed by 24x7 Home Nursing - all in all 2months of emotional days. What ever, each day after Hospital & or office, come home, and Devialet was emotional anchor for sure!.

Great thread this one!.

Every day Morning I start off with India classic during my morning stretching, Crunches etc.

Devialet is so light, I keep getting requests to get my big Laptop (Devialet) carry to friends home audition. It simply beats any of those expensive amps my friends have!. No speech after that!. Well, come home with that feeling of white ring hovering on my head followed by 1 minute of re-hook up to my speakers and I go again. Glenmorangie 18 giving nice company with the music flowing. Its Heavenly!

My D120 goes with all latest firmware upgrades. No complaints and its PURE MUSIC!. after my speakers run-in complete, new speaker cables run-in done, its way up there since I started my journey with Devialet!.
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
I don't own a Devialet product yet so didn't feel i would be adding to this thread ...that was until I read your post Pim and wanted to add my best wishes for you and your wife' speedy recovery
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
Thanks to you all. She's doing really well and she is also enjoying the Devialet. We're both into music so it's a great thing to share.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.