Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What is this? New Firmware?
Today, Octobre 1st, I noticed a new set-up of the Devialet website. After login I went to the configuration page of my Expert 250 Pro and I saw Firmware V1 and Firmware V2. Date june 23, 2020. No idea what this is.
Anyone?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mark Levinson No585 | Denafrips Venus II 12th | Crystal Cable XLR | Crystal Cable Diamond2 USB | Crystal Cable Reference Diamond speaker cables | MartinLogan Expression ESL 13A | Roon Nucleus + Qobuz | TeddyPardo LPS for switch and Nucleus. (I gave up on Devialet)
In typical Devialet fashion - the download links are broken - Error 404.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Might be some Phantom etc stuff
It is nothing. Just a mock data. Believe me the desinger and developers used these values to test their development components and then they “hoped” “wished” “prayed” to have the actual data being populated when they deploy their new design to production but seems like Mr. God was not on their side and it exploded. Poor company, I feel sad for them. If they can achieve to connect the actual data to the new design, you will see these are not new firmwares, apps etc. Everything will be exactly as it was. But that will be an achievement if they do it without loosing the data. This is really sad for the company and the employees. This is full of shame. I am sure their developers put an amazing effort but the maturity is not there, seems like they are not being lead by proper engineering heads. Anyway, let’s hope they will get it sorted without loosing our data.
It's a firmware release related to an Android phone if I remember correctly. Look at the date of the release, back in June. It was discussed in a thread here back in June when it first showed up like this on the old website and it has nothing to do with the Expert Pro range. It was a mistake then and they fixed it but they seem to have used old files to repopulate the new website setup.

Hopeless.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Anyone contacted support about this ?
My other support tickets are open and not being responded for longer than 48 hours. I think they hate me Smile If I complain about the website they might send someone to my address and kill me. Jokes a side, we should raise a support ticket if they leave it as it is. I will do it at the end of the day if there is no change.
(01-Oct-2020, 23:45)ada Wrote: It is nothing. Just a mock data. Believe me the desinger and developers used these values to test their development components and then they “hoped” “wished” “prayed” to have the actual data being populated when they deploy their new design to production but seems like Mr. God was not on their side and it exploded. Poor company, I feel sad for them. If they can achieve to connect the actual data to the new design, you will see these are not new firmwares, apps etc. Everything will be exactly as it was. But that will be an achievement if they do it without loosing the data. This is really sad for the company and the employees. This is full of shame. I am sure their developers put an amazing effort but the maturity is not there, seems like they are not being lead by proper engineering heads. Anyway, let’s hope they will get it sorted without loosing our data.

You became a bit cynical. Just a bit. But I understand what you mean.
New software or not: my Expert still plays wonderfully...

Mark Levinson No585 | Denafrips Venus II 12th | Crystal Cable XLR | Crystal Cable Diamond2 USB | Crystal Cable Reference Diamond speaker cables | MartinLogan Expression ESL 13A | Roon Nucleus + Qobuz | TeddyPardo LPS for switch and Nucleus. (I gave up on Devialet)
(02-Oct-2020, 09:20)markush Wrote: Anyone contacted support about this ?

I have. No reply yet.
Will post the reply here as I receive it.

(01-Oct-2020, 22:28)mdconnelly Wrote: In typical Devialet fashion - the download links are broken - Error 404.

Tnx