Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What program could you advice for Streaming (PC)?
I'm just new to Streaming. Finally managed to connect the Dev to my PC, and it seems I need a program for Streaming.

Which one do you preffer guys? Any one that is considered the best option?

Many thanks.
Hi

as you aid PC, I will assume windows

J River Media Center is probably the best, it costs $50 but there is a 1 month trial. there is a remote app for ipads so you don't need to operate the pc to play music.

If you prefer something free then Foobar works well.

regards

Chris
I would add a vote for JRiver....... I have tried Media Monkey, which for some reason caused me huge issues, with it scanning through play lists by itself and doing other strange things. I stuck with JRiver because is was intuative and relatively clear with respect to setting up WASAPI settings and similar, and it just works! Interestingly, in correspondence that I have had with Devialet re WASAPI, their recomendation is to use Foobar2000 or JRiver. JRiver has a pretty decent iPad remote app too.
Another vote for JRiver MC19 here, plus the fabulous JRemote iPad app.

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
Another vote for JRiver. Jremote (iOS Remote app) works great. I have problems with Gizmo (Android Remote App)
Jriver is now on MC19, but if you buy now, you'll get a license that's also valid for MC20.
I use foobar, to control it I use monkeymote app...

It works really well, I run foobar on this PC:

http://global.shuttle.com/products/produ...uctId=1765

I have installed a SSD disk and 8GB RAM.

It runs smooth and the PC is fan less—hence no noise at all :-) I know you have a PC but if this low spec PC works yours most likely also will.

Kind regards Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
many thanks guys... It seems we got a clear winner here. Will get the program ASAP Big Grin
(12-Aug-2014, 19:16)Krorghar Wrote: many thanks guys... It seems we got a clear winner here. Will get the program ASAP Big Grin

Good luck with it.

It's a fairly steep learning curve, but you will find it pretty easy. The JRemote iPad interface is superb.

Matt

Sonos Connect (W4S) > DSpeaker Antimode 2.0 > Sanders Magtech > Martin Logan Montis
Sonos Connect (W4S) > Devialet 200 > Vivid V1.5
Silver Phantoms (just the two)
London
But you could also try foobar, it is free if you don't like it it will have cost you nothing.

Kind regards Morten
Devialet 200, Graditech Voima 1 Power cable, MIT shotgun S1.3 Speaker cable, Neeper Acoustics Perfect One Speakers
Aurender N100H, MIT Shotgun AC1 Power Cable, Audioquest Forest RJ45, Transparent Premium USB Cable

Denmark
Hi - this thread prompted me to have another go at streaming - some of you know that I currently use a SBT with my D200, and am awaiting delivery of an Auralic Aries as a potential replacement. I really can't get my head around having a PC in my living room (and, I know I could hide it - but I'll know it's still there ...!).

So, I downloaded AIR onto the PC in my study (3 flights of stairs up from my listening room); configured the audio output on MediaMonkey (which I use purely for ripping and tagging); downloaded the WASAPI add-in for MediaMonkey, and selected a track to play - fully expecting nothing to happen. Amazingly, it all works perfectly - have been using AIR faultlessly now for over 2 hours and, I have to say, it is considerably better than the SBT. Errm, it sounds more AIRy - with amazingly clear (but not the slightest bit harsh) midrange and treble - so vocals sound excellent. Everything just seems bigger and more spread out. Now, I'm not recommending this set up (it was just an experiment on my part - apart from anything else, running up and down 3 flights of stairs at my age is not conducive to relaxing and listening to music ...), but it's got me thinking again. A £300 notebook with 2TB disk, in a kitchen cupboard, with JRiver and JRemote is about 1/4 of what I'll pay for the Aries. It also got me thinking if Devialet could make AIR available for Linux and support a few NAS devices, I could probably live without uPnP streaming.

ATB, Ken
Auralic Aries G2 > Kii Control > Kii Audio 3 BXT