Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's wrong with this remote?
I sit only 13 feet away from the 2 phantoms (4 meters for EU members).  I turn the wheel to the right one full turn, nothing, turning one more, still nothing, turn again, all of a sudden I am at nearly full volume.  Same thing happens on the other direction.  You need to be very gentle and very very patient.  Has anyone called customer service for this annoyance?  Is this another software issue or what?
Remote >> 2x Silver Phantoms << Eth << Dialog UPNP << JRiver MediaCenter 24 - Ubuntu 18.04 x64 [VMWare] << File server - Windows 10 x64 [Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F, Xeon E3-1425 v5, 46 Tb, 16Gb DDR4 ECC]    * Spark is only used to update firmware *
Seems the remote is in sleep mode and it take some seconds before it works.
I only have this problem if it hasn't been used for a while.

Steen
Or connect him again
Mine has been stable since I bought it about six weeks ago. The volume goes up and down as expected. The only issue is that the Spark volume control does not keep pace.
I believe the remote uses bluetooth to control. Did you try turning off the bluetooth facility on the speaker to see if helps?
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
(20-Apr-2016, 06:24)trashken Wrote: I believe the remote uses bluetooth to control. Did you try turning off the bluetooth facility on the speaker to see if helps?

The remote works when the speaker is on.
Has nothing to do with Bluetooth.

Steen
If I resync the remote with one of the speakers, the response to turning the wheel is quick.  It must be going to sleep mode or loosing connection if I haven't used it for x number of hours.  When I use it again, all of a sudden jumps the volume and bang.  This thing didn't come with a user manual to explain what happens during periods of inactivity.
Remote >> 2x Silver Phantoms << Eth << Dialog UPNP << JRiver MediaCenter 24 - Ubuntu 18.04 x64 [VMWare] << File server - Windows 10 x64 [Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F, Xeon E3-1425 v5, 46 Tb, 16Gb DDR4 ECC]    * Spark is only used to update firmware *
Perhaps check the batteries. When I received my remote from factory, I used the original batteries but noticed some inconsistent volume response. Changing the batteries greatly improved things.
(21-Apr-2016, 00:55)kameraguy Wrote: Perhaps check the batteries. When I received my remote from factory, I used the original batteries but noticed some inconsistent volume response. Changing the batteries greatly improved things.

I replaced the batteries not too long ago.
Quote:I sit only 13 feet away from the 2 phantoms (4 meters for EU members).

Haha! .... and essentially the rest of the world excluding the US....

Enjoyed that
--
Stereo Devialet Silver Phantoms via Dialog.