Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's wrong with this remote?
(22-Apr-2016, 15:41)xatm094 Wrote:
Quote:I sit only 13 feet away from the 2 phantoms (4 meters for EU members).

Haha! .... and essentially the rest of the world excluding the US....

Enjoyed that

Hang on, feet are imperial units, invented and used by the British, and yes, the British are also fully signed up members of the EU.  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperial_units

(Mental note made to edit this post in June, if required)
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I can't believe some people still think the remote uses Bluetooth after it has been said a gazillion times that it uses RF and works with early Phantoms that have no Bluetooth!

Anyway, there is most certainly a sleep mode that the remote goes into and it takes about half a second to wake up the first time you use it after a while. The movement does catch-up though. So if you turn it quarter of a turn in 0.5 a second, you will end up with that volume change but just a little later in time than you might have expected. However, the impact of this is minimal and you would not be able to turn the volume so much as to end up with full volume shock moments.

I suspect in the case of the original poster, that something isn't right here and this is not the normal sleep/wake-up delay. Tracking it down is a bit of a nightmare though. It could be that remote is slow to wake-up. It could be the phantom isn't listening to the RF when it should be. It could be interference, although we have no idea what frequency the remote uses I believe.

However, if I experienced this the first thing I would try would be a complete and total reset of everything and start fresh just in case.
(25-Apr-2016, 08:21)jonstatt Wrote: I can't believe some people still think the remote uses Bluetooth after it has been said a gazillion times that it uses RF and works with early Phantoms that have no Bluetooth!

It has both Bluetooth and RF radios. Here is the proof: http://devialetchat.com/attachment.php?aid=1142
Remote >> 2x Silver Phantoms << Eth << Dialog UPNP << JRiver MediaCenter 24 - Ubuntu 18.04 x64 [VMWare] << File server - Windows 10 x64 [Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F, Xeon E3-1425 v5, 46 Tb, 16Gb DDR4 ECC]    * Spark is only used to update firmware *
I have an early non Bluetooth Phantom working with the remote. So even if the remote includes a BT radio it is obviously of little use in my setup Wink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good news..

Remote control disconnection issue has been completely resolved.  Devialet silently fixed this problem 2-3 system update ago.
Remote >> 2x Silver Phantoms << Eth << Dialog UPNP << JRiver MediaCenter 24 - Ubuntu 18.04 x64 [VMWare] << File server - Windows 10 x64 [Supermicro X11SSH-LN4F, Xeon E3-1425 v5, 46 Tb, 16Gb DDR4 ECC]    * Spark is only used to update firmware *