Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's your volume
I'm curious what volume levels you all listen on, sometimes I feel my Phantom Silver is too quiet under level 30.

I only sit ~1.5m away from the speaker when I'm at my desk, with it slightly behind to my right - not ideal but great for when I'm not at my desk. 

The speaker is about 20cm from the wall behind it.

So; what is your favourite volume for 1) quiet listening while working etc. and 2) when you're getting the most out of your favourite song?

1) 30-40
2) 60-70
how long is a rope? Wink
I find that the most important is how much/little noise and disturbance you have around you. I think they never produce pleasant sound when noise around is high. Then I prefer a bose/bang&olufsen sound that is more "present".
30-40 is nice late evening with a glas of good wine or wiskey. 40-50 when more than one are listening or/and some other noise is present. 50-65 gives almost live experience, jazz club, concerts, great replacement. Similar here, 2m distance to 2 Phantom silver, and a third in the back of the room that improves room feeling - sound depth. My room size is 6x8m.
10-15 when meditating or taking a nap on the couch
20-30 while reading a newspaper or book
30-45 late in evening, relaxed listening some music with a drink
50-65 if I am dedicated listening to all the details in the music
65-75 when I really want to rock the house and dance around Smile
>75 only for short demonstrations

(room size is about 4m wide x 9m long, Phantoms are about 50cm from rear and 80cm from side walls)
Happy Phantom user since april 2015 (currently 2 Gold Phantom, Dialog, Branch/Tree) with Tidal hifi.
55-60 is my preference for pair of silver phantoms.