Poll: What should Devialet prioritise next?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Dialog compatibility with Expert range
7.08%
8 7.08%
Robust fix for AIR
29.20%
33 29.20%
A fully functioning remote APP
19.47%
22 19.47%
Roon integration
9.73%
11 9.73%
UPnP compatibility
9.73%
11 9.73%
Direct playback from USB
5.31%
6 5.31%
Room correction
18.58%
21 18.58%
Something else - as posted
0.88%
1 0.88%
Total 113 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What should Devialet prioritise next?
A robust fix for Air (though I don't have a problem on my system with Air), then an integration of Dialog into the Expert range since I would like to use my Phantoms as the rear channels in a surround system.
Funnily enough, none of the other items are of any interest to me at all!
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(18-Oct-2015, 15:30)Hifi_swlon Wrote: As to 'prioritising next' surely that should be reserved for new features, not something that's already been released but doesn't work. ?

I see your point.  However, I would see this as the difference between "what new features would you like", and the intent of the poll, which is to establish where the majority of Devialet owners would prefer to see Devialet prioritise their limited recourses.  As an example, Devialet could put a team on to developing a new feature such as room correction, but equally the same team could focus on solving the AIR issue.
I would love for them to implement a more efficient Ethernet protocol. Whenever I use the Ethernet connection for the remote app I see too much traffic generated by the D200 (using Wireshark), which slows access to other units on that hub.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
AIR is working good enough for me to hear that USB is sounding better (since 8.x). So I'm not using AIR anymore and it is not so important to me if it is working or not. If they fix the white noise they should also try to improve SQ so that it is on the same level as USB.
(19-Oct-2015, 15:47)rwjr44 Wrote: I would love for them to implement a more efficient Ethernet protocol. Whenever I use the Ethernet connection for the remote app I see too much traffic generated by the D200 (using Wireshark), which slows access to other units on that hub.

Antoine did some specific research into this last year and I had an e-mail exchange with Devialet.  I don't think they plan to change the way this works Wink

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=92
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(20-Oct-2015, 09:58)PhilP Wrote:
(19-Oct-2015, 15:47)rwjr44 Wrote: I would love for them to implement a more efficient Ethernet protocol. Whenever I use the Ethernet connection for the remote app I see too much traffic generated by the D200 (using Wireshark), which slows access to other units on that hub.

Antoine did some specific research into this last year and I had an e-mail exchange with Devialet.  I don't think they plan to change the way this works Wink

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?tid=92

I read that earlier BUT that is so 60s OS, an antiquated method of implementing Ethernet. Perhaps it has something to do with other devices within the Devialet. I would gladly give up some small latency (delay time) to be able to use this feature. However, it seems the same problem doesn't exist on Wi-Fi so I will try that although I am trying to reduce the number of devices that use Wi-Fi in the house.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
(20-Oct-2015, 08:43)Vivialet Wrote: AIR is working good enough for me to hear that USB is sounding better (since 8.x). So I'm not using AIR anymore and it is not so important to me if it is working or not. If they fix the white noise they should also try to improve SQ so that it is on the same level as USB.

An interesting statement!  I think it is fair to say that the general consensus has been that with an "ordinary" non-audio PC / Laptop / Mac, AIR sounds better than USB.  However, if moving to say a fully "audio optimised" PC, or a dedicated streamer such as an Aurender, then yes, USB can be superior to AIR for sound quality.

I am sure that this must still hold true?  Having said that, it's still an interesting statement that USD SQ has improved with the 8.x.x firmware.  Has anyone else noticed this?  Oddly enough, I think 8.x.x sounds better anyway, so you could say 8.x.x sounds better with AIR as well, although this is a very different thing to stating that the USB input itself has improved over other input methods.
I was in theirs main store in Paris which is their HQ and the next feature will be DTS.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
(25-Oct-2015, 13:35)mak972 Wrote: I was in theirs main store in Paris which is their HQ and the next feature will be DTS.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I guess the feature itself and whether anyone wants it is pretty much irrelevant to Devialet. The important thing is it's a three letter acronym.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Perhaps in that case we should ask for Air Is Reliable (aka AIR)...
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK