Poll: What would you do while your Devialet is under repair
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Buy a new low-cost amp
12.90%
4 12.90%
Use Sonos Play (or equivalent)
25.81%
8 25.81%
Use Bluetooth speakers
3.23%
1 3.23%
But a new pair of active speakers
6.45%
2 6.45%
Buy a replacment amp and sell Devialet after repairment
0%
0 0%
Take a break and don't listen to music
51.61%
16 51.61%
Total 31 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would you do while your Devialet is under repair
Yeah, I think I have to build up some spare units around for situation like this happening again. F1eng and Confused are lucky lots whose better halves would not nag them on hifi stuff laying around the house.

Maybe it is a good time to get a pair of new Play:5 which can be moved to other places when Le200 returns.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

The new Play:5 is excellent -- I bought one a couple of weeks ago to use in a bedroom. Especially after a bit of tweaking with TruePlay, it sounds surprisingly good.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I listen to a UE Boom working at the rig or some El Cheapo Shure in ears when I'm at the camp and I still get goose bumps from the right kind of music. So whatever it is you're listening to, as long as it's music, you'll be alright.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Just loaned a pair of ME Geithain RL906, using Bluesound Node to stream my music files from my NAS and playing my Spotify music. This speaker is a great pair of active speakers. Accurate and fast. Great for classical music. This should calm me at the moment while my Le200 is under repair.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

If my 200 had to go away I would use my Sony high Res portable with my headphones until I got the 200 back
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(26-Feb-2016, 08:17)thumb5 Wrote: The new Play:5 is excellent -- I bought one a couple of weeks ago to use in a bedroom.  Especially after a bit of tweaking with TruePlay, it sounds surprisingly good.

Hi Ian,
Do yourself a big favour and buy another Play5. I have 2 of the original model Play 5s as a stereo pair in my bedroom and the quality of the stereo sound is a real eye opener!

Alex.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Try a pair of Phantoms, perhaps it will be a one way ticket...
Pro-Ject CD BOX RS--Roon--Qobuz Studio--Technics SL-1200GR--Synergistic Research Tricon Analogue 20th Anniversary--AT-OC9XSL--AudioQuest Niagara 1200--AudioQuest NRG-Z3--Devialet 220 Pro CI--Kimber Kable 4PR--Harbeth SHL5--Sumiko S.9 Subwoofers--Sennheiser HD 540 Reference Gold--IsoAcoustics GAIA II and Orea Graphite
Alicante (Spain)
(28-Feb-2016, 12:24)Axel Wrote:
(26-Feb-2016, 08:17)thumb5 Wrote: The new Play:5 is excellent -- I bought one a couple of weeks ago to use in a bedroom.  Especially after a bit of tweaking with TruePlay, it sounds surprisingly good.

Hi Ian,
Do yourself a big favour and buy another Play5. I have 2 of the original model Play 5s as a stereo pair in my bedroom and the quality of the stereo sound is a real eye opener!

Alex.

Ha ha!  Believe me, I would love to...but "too many boxes!" already.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
My dealer very kindly lent me a replacement 250 while mine was being repaired, so quick transfer of SD card and business as usual :-)
Devialet 1000 Pro. Martin Logan Montis, Michell Gyrodec, Melco N1ZH, Mutec MC3+ USB
Even though my Le200 has been returned from France, I still decided to buy myself a pair of Sonos Play:5 and maybe a Sonos Sub later. At the moment, only one unit is installed and another one is on its way, arriving next week. Can't wait to pair them stereo-ly and optimizing them with Trueplay.