Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
When can we expect next firmware upgrade?
All

I know about the optional upgrade coming but what about the next firmware update?  I recall Devialet committed to at least two a year. 

All best, Flashman
Devialet Expert 220 Pro Kinki EX-M7 power amp tethered to a fiber-fed Lumin X1 streamer via Grimm XLRs, Vivid B1 Decade speakers in Rosso Barchetta red (only 200 produced in a limited edition), Roon Nucleus with a Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SSD, etherREGEN switch fed by a Sonore opticalModule (and Sonore-supplied transceivers and 1M optical cable) with a SOtM dCBL-Cat7 cable to my Nucleus and a DH Labs Reunion Cat8 to my Lumin T2 streamer, Keces P8 linear power supply feeding a (to come) NUC and EtherREGEN switch with an external AfterDark OCXO clock., and opticalModule (5V/1A), AudioQuest Niagara 1000 power conditioner, ASI LiveLine loom (purchased directly from Franck Tchang when I lived in France), Less Loss Firewall for Speakers and Roon lifetime license with Tidal streaming.
Did you ask Devialet? What did they reply? They are the only ones who know.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
In Devialet's short history, the tradition was for a big firmware update to be announced at the same time as the Munich 'high end' show. That's long gone now. (the show). It looks to me that with the new products emerging, combined, presumably, with much work on AIR & SPARK etc., 2016 will be a barren year for firmware.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
They even missed out on the small december firmware update that they've promised as I recall correct.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
Heard from the grapevine it will be in July.
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
(29-Jun-2016, 15:56)tategoi Wrote: Heard from the grapevine it will be in July.

Heard from Quentin Sannier himself at Vivatechnology forum in Paris that the software upgrades will be released in 3 weeks from now. No further details as I wasn't in a face to face discussion.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro - Atohm GT2 - Auralic Aries Mini
(30-Jun-2016, 21:05)FunkyMatsch Wrote:
(29-Jun-2016, 15:56)tategoi Wrote: Heard from the grapevine it will be in July.

Heard from Quentin Sannier himself at Vivatechnology forum in Paris that the software upgrades will be released in 3 weeks from now. No further details as I wasn't in a face to face discussion.

Is this an updated firmware that offers additional functionality?  Or simply a new firmware to cater for the arrival of the new models?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Well Canada day this weekend; three whole days off, and only four days after my return from holiday. I might just try and find time to make the move from 7.1.1 to 7.1.3.... that is the firmware upgrade we're talking about, right? Or I might spend my time at the Vancouver Jazz Festival listening to 'music in the raw'.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
(30-Jun-2016, 23:35)Damon Wrote: Well Canada day this weekend; three whole days off, and only four days after my return from holiday. I might just try and find time to make the move from 7.1.1 to 7.1.3.... that is the firmware upgrade we're talking about, right? Or I might spend my time at the Vancouver Jazz Festival listening to 'music in the raw'.

My son has just started to play the cornet which is definitely music 'in the raw' especially as he's decided that it's the best way to wake us up in the morning  Rolleyes
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(02-Jul-2016, 22:09)PhilP Wrote:
(30-Jun-2016, 23:35)Damon Wrote: Well Canada day this weekend; three whole days off, and only four days after my return from holiday. I might just try and find time to make the move from 7.1.1 to 7.1.3.... that is the firmware upgrade we're talking about, right? Or I might spend my time at the Vancouver Jazz Festival listening to 'music in the raw'.

My son has just started to play the cornet which is definitely music 'in the raw' especially as he's decided that it's the best way to wake us up in the morning  Rolleyes
Bet that won't be the first time you got the horn in the morning, eh Phil?
(sorry, couldn't resist that one)
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England