Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When will 'Branch' be available?
Hey Yannick (and any other owners of phantoms).

Do the phantoms stay on the last selected input source after power off and on?
Is it possible to get a switchable multiple socket, just use the optical input of the dialogue and the remote (and more or less keep spark out of the game)?
(04-Sep-2015, 19:46)Butuz Wrote: Remote only has volume????!!  Sad Sad Sad

Hm...disappointing. Also, I can't help it but the remote looks totally like beauty cream jar to me.
@phantomremote. To me, the remote with these functions is not worth the money. It's a pity.
Maybe there will be more functions in the future (?), we will see.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Great to see the power cable is completely hidden. What is the length, measured from the base plate?
(04-Sep-2015, 19:52)DATA Wrote: Hey Yannick (and any other owners of phantoms).

Do the phantoms stay on the last selected input source after power off and on?
Is it possible to get a switchable multiple socket, just use the optical input of the dialogue and the remote (and more or less keep spark out of the game)?

There is no input selection as such on the Phantom.
The next thing that plays is the next item on the "play queue". If any of the optical inputs has been activated in Spark it can be selected as an item in the Spark play queue, but automatically comes up as the current "track" anyway when a signal is sensed. I have my TV tuner connected to the Dialog and just switching on the TV selects it.
It works well.
Since the Phantoms have no off switch, and there is no input switching as such, there is nothing but volume that the remote will be able to do unless more functions are added later.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(04-Sep-2015, 21:56)Bogardo Wrote: Great to see the power cable is completely hidden. What is the length, measured from the base plate?

It's about 130 cm
(04-Sep-2015, 19:46)Butuz Wrote: Remote only has volume????!!  Sad Sad Sad

That's it  Blush
They might add balance and mute - cannot think of anything else of possible use.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
Pause, next track, prev track in playlist. There would be plenty useful fuctions for a proper remote.
Yes I am disappoint. I was expecting basic settings, forward, back on playlist, volume, mute, input select (i.e drag input onto playlist).

As it stands, the remote is semi useless, turn volume up, and turn volume down, that's it for 150 euros?? Devialet are laughing all the way to the bank I think, You still need a tablet or something to control spark properly.

I just bought a Hudl2 from tescos for £99. That's my fully featured remote - not only can it input select, volume, etc it can control everything about the phantom that spark can such as enable disable bluetooth, and I can browse the delialet chat forums and watch YouTube videos on it :o

I am also a bit disappointed with the Branch's - MDF wood? I was expecting all metal at that price point I thought that was the whole point of the branches is they acted as giant heatsinks, well not if they're made of wood they don't Sad