Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
When will US Prices "adjust"?
Looks like Canada may be the simplest. . .but, if I order from Europe it is still quite cheap.

Shipping is less than $100, there is NO VAT for US buyers, and the the customs tax is around 3% for amounts over $1000.

So total costs (to have shipped) are less than $350.
I would not be surprised if there is a potential warranty issue, as that is often the case with consumer goods. But I have no actual information either way.

I am certainly in favour of supporting the business that has the product and spends the money and time to display and demo the product as well- not hectoring, just musing. But I do agree with you that with the strength of the USD that there should be an adjustment in prices. A weak currency is usually used as a price increase justification without much delay.

But don't overlook the appeal of Paris in April, or May, or June...
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
I'm not worried about warranty as Devialet offers 5-Year International Warranty.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Well, then we're all in good shape. And if I go off to Italy, and take my golden gem along, I'll be covered as well. All good.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Can anyone kindly PM me a source where I may order Devialet directly from Europe to ship to the USA, perferably from a dealer that is willing to make deals? I ask for a PM because I do not know if Devialet will take kindly to that type of sales from their dealer publicly.

Thanks!
MtnGuy
I ordered mine from Colette
No VAT. 140 $ insured DHL, arrived in 5 days perfect!
Mtnguy - as others have mentioned should you be in the US and purchase from outside the country don't expect much if any help from the US distributor if you have any issues with the unit. They are there and paid to support "within the US" business. You just might have to send the unit back to the country of purchase for any repairs or warranty issues or maybe be prepared to pay for the repairs rather than ship it out.

I'm not sure how tough Devialet is on their dealer network and what rules are in place, not that some dealers won't stray, on selling outside their territory.

Seeing as there are probably not too many dealers in the US at present set the price you are willing to pay, find out who the US dealers are, contact them directly and see who plays ball?
(19-Mar-2015, 21:41)Ron D Wrote: Mtnguy - as others have mentioned should you be in the US and purchase from outside the country don't expect much if any help from the US distributor if you have any issues with the unit. They are there and paid to support "within the US" business. You just might have to send the unit back to the country of purchase for any repairs or warranty issues or maybe be prepared to pay for the repairs rather than ship it out.

I'm not sure how tough Devialet is on their dealer network and what rules are in place, not that some dealers won't stray, on selling outside their territory.

Seeing as there are probably not too many dealers in the US at present set the price you are willing to pay, find out who the US dealers are, contact them directly and see who plays ball?

Devialet is in the process of dropping their US is distributor in favor of distributing themselves. I'm not sure how that would play out if you bought it in the EU and made a service/warranty claim in the US, but it doesn't seem like it should be a problem.

The EU price for a D200 companion is looking very tempting. If you exclude the VAT you could save $3k buying in the EU and shipping to the US.
If that's the case then one would think you'd be OK but should you have any issues its a long way back to the European sales point. Maybe if they distribute directly to the retailers it may offer the ability to reduce the price a bit given you cut out the up-charge the distributor makes?

I would be surprised if they didn't offer the Canadian Distributor (Plurison located in Montreal) first shot at handling North America - guess we'll see what transpires.
(19-Mar-2015, 20:31)davidadamson Wrote: I ordered mine from Colette
No VAT.  140 $  insured DHL,  arrived in 5 days perfect!

Could you PM me the information, I am looking for Devialet EXPERT 200.  Buying from US is too expensive.