Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which network to choose when doing Phantom set up?
Thanks Streamy - so please explain more how this is different if I set main router to modem mode - and have all devices including dialogue running off Airport wifi? Compared to just running everything off the main Virgin media router in the first place?

Something to do with the DHCP you mentioned?

Any particular settings I need on the Airport router if I try this method?

Many thanks Smile
(15-Nov-2015, 19:26)Jamington2004 Wrote: Hi Jonnydev - so i moved from having everything on one Wifi router because this was the set up with major cutouts. (Why I bought an Apple airport to create dedicated network just for dialogue)

It's latest offering from Virgin media (netgear superhub 2ac) - you think your nighthawk is so much better than this as to allow me to have everything on one router?

I don't no
Ok thanks Smile

I guess I can try my Airport as the main router to see if it's better than the Netgear - but I refuse to buy anything else!

This really does seem to be one of those trial and error things depending on ones environment

Smile
(15-Nov-2015, 19:21)Jamington2004 Wrote: Thanks Ondastar. Can you reccomend a cheap electronic one? Smile

Inday DA 4XR/RS ..... See at inday.com, made in Portland, Oregon. Excellent quality. Available at Amazon and pro audio/video retailers.
Levinson 33 amps, Wilson Grand Slamm S3's, Levinson 32 ref pre and ad/da, Basis Ovation and Rega 40 with JSpall custom tone arms, Lyra, Ortofon & Grado cartridges, Marantz AV 8801, PSAudio phono pre, Devialet Dialog w  5 Gold Phantoms, Wilson powered subwoofer, Watch center, Wilson surrounds, Kaleidescape Movie server, Crestron AV controller and switch, 120 MBS docsis3 modem, 20 MBS xdsl modem, Peplink balance 20 router, Ruckus 802.11ac Wave 2 WAPS plus multi Pakedge WAPs, 48 port POE gigabit switch, NetGear 8TB NAS, Amazon Fire,ROKU and Apple TV gen 4, 12 core Mac Pro, Macbook Air Retina, 65" and 50" Runco TV's. Blue sound node 2, OPPO BDP105D, DSpeaker AntiMode 2.0, Octava HDMI/Optical switch, cabling Nordost for analog, Cardas and wireworld for digital/optical.
(15-Nov-2015, 22:32)ondastar Wrote:
(15-Nov-2015, 19:21)Jamington2004 Wrote: Thanks Ondastar. Can you reccomend a cheap electronic one? Smile

Inday DA 4XR/RS ..... See at inday.com, made in Portland, Oregon. Excellent quality. Available at Amazon and pro audio/video retailers.

Thanks....I cant see that one in the UK, so with shipping and VAT/Import it gets pricey

Think this would do the trick? http://www.exprodirect.com/lindy-4-way-t...witch.html

I definitely think you are right..... I was listening to Tidal and Vinyl fine for a couple of hours........then switched Optical to a different source while playing, before changing to Tidal but Spark was just totally frozen. 

Then after a reboot (just unplugging d & Ps) - Tidal is fine but Optical is dead

Hoping an electronic switch will be the end to all my woes! Smile
(16-Nov-2015, 14:35)Jamington2004 Wrote:
(15-Nov-2015, 22:32)ondastar Wrote:

Thanks....I cant see that one in the UK, so with shipping and VAT/Import it gets pricey

Think this would do the trick? http://www.exprodirect.com/lindy-4-way-t...witch.html

I definitely think you are right..... I was listening to Tidal and Vinyl fine for a couple of hours........then switched Optical to a different source while playing, before changing to Tidal but Spark was just totally frozen. 

Then after a reboot (just unplugging d & Ps) - Tidal is fine but Optical is dead

Hoping an electronic switch will be the end to all my woes! Smile
I have not used the Lindy, but they are an excellent UK company and the specs look right on for this application. If the Dialog optical signal recognition software has glitched into a lock-up, you may want to do a full reset.
Levinson 33 amps, Wilson Grand Slamm S3's, Levinson 32 ref pre and ad/da, Basis Ovation and Rega 40 with JSpall custom tone arms, Lyra, Ortofon & Grado cartridges, Marantz AV 8801, PSAudio phono pre, Devialet Dialog w  5 Gold Phantoms, Wilson powered subwoofer, Watch center, Wilson surrounds, Kaleidescape Movie server, Crestron AV controller and switch, 120 MBS docsis3 modem, 20 MBS xdsl modem, Peplink balance 20 router, Ruckus 802.11ac Wave 2 WAPS plus multi Pakedge WAPs, 48 port POE gigabit switch, NetGear 8TB NAS, Amazon Fire,ROKU and Apple TV gen 4, 12 core Mac Pro, Macbook Air Retina, 65" and 50" Runco TV's. Blue sound node 2, OPPO BDP105D, DSpeaker AntiMode 2.0, Octava HDMI/Optical switch, cabling Nordost for analog, Cardas and wireworld for digital/optical.