Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which one?
Hi all,
Newbie from Sunny Suffolk. Have been a hi-fi nut for years. Gone the Naim route, now have a Quad system but have heard a Devialet and find it rather nice. 
So the question is, to dip my toe into the water which one? Will have around £3k to play with so assume used will be best VFM. Therefore 

D-Premier or D200?

Cheers,

Steve
This

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Devialet-D-Pr...SwZM1d0Y0i

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
Many thanks. Having done a lot of reading up I think it would be best to go as a minimum spec. a 220.
220 with Core Infinity. If you need more power, it would allow you the ability to upgrade to 440.
Right, can get a 200 for just over £2k, and think the cost to upgrade to a 220 is about £3k which I can fund at a later date. Does that sound like a good way of doing things?
You might be able to find a used 220 Pro with CI for not a lot more than your budget. If so, that would be the way to go rather than later doing the upgrade.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
I second MdConnelly's recommendation. 220 Pro CI are going for around £4k here in Canada.

Jim
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Roon for life, VPI Aries 3D le/Dynavector XV-1s, 1000 Pro, KEF Blade Two
Okanagan, British Columbia
Cheers. Thing is I have about £2k now but don’t know when I will have another £2k plus. Do I wait until whenever or buy a 200 now, start enjoying and upgrade (which gives me another 5 years warranty?) when funds permit?
Decisions!
2k for a D200 is a bargain for an amplifier that sounds that good!
You might never wanna upgrade (I know I don't want to).
Read some old reviews and realize 2k for a D200 is a steal.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
sure, 2K for a D200 is a bargain, but once you hear one of the pro models you want to have it...