Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which one?
For a 220 you need to have about 4300 GBP on the second-handed market.

So that is over your budget.

Buy a 200 and then upgrade to a 220 seems like a good plan. And not that different in cost when buying on the second handed market. Go for it!

I also had a Naim system btw. Moved to a 220 and later to a 440. Will stop there wrt amplification....
The difference between the 200 and 220 Pro CI is really remarkably big. I never regret having done the upgrade. Difference between 220 Pro and 440 Pro is less than from 200 to 220.

Mark Levinson No585 | Denafrips Venus II 12th | Crystal Cable XLR | Crystal Cable Diamond2 USB | Crystal Cable Reference Diamond speaker cables | MartinLogan Expression ESL 13A | Roon Nucleus + Qobuz | TeddyPardo LPS for switch and Nucleus. (I gave up on Devialet)
I've got a 220 Pro CI with a bit more than three years warranty that has hardly been played. I would sell it for 3700 GBP (plus shipping, fees and customs...I' in the US), though that is over your current budget. I am selling because I moved up to a 250. If you have interest, please PM me. I was about to put it on the For Sale board, but I'll wait until the weekend.
Audiolab 6000CDT, Innuos Zenith MK II, Roon, Synology NAS, D250 Pro CI, Graham Audio Chartwell LS6f, Thorens TD-160, Pickering XV-15 1200e
(10-Mar-2020, 04:30)musialsuspect Wrote: I've got a 220 Pro CI with a bit more than three years warranty that has hardly been played. I would sell it for 3700 GBP (plus shipping, fees and customs...I' in the US), though that is over your current budget. I am selling because I moved up to a 250. If you have interest, please PM me. I was about to put it on the For Sale board, but I'll wait until the weekend.
Thanks for the offer, but currently in limbo as this virus thingy is causing all sorts of potential issues in the income side of life!
(12-Mar-2020, 12:33)Scooby Blue Wrote:
(10-Mar-2020, 04:30)musialsuspect Wrote: I've got a 220 Pro CI with a bit more than three years warranty that has hardly been played. I would sell it for 3700 GBP (plus shipping, fees and customs...I' in the US), though that is over your current budget. I am selling because I moved up to a 250. If you have interest, please PM me. I was about to put it on the For Sale board, but I'll wait until the weekend.
Thanks for the offer, but currently in limbo as this virus thingy is causing all sorts of potential issues in the income side of life!
I can totally appreciate that! 

Be safe...and that applies to all of my devialetchat friends.
Audiolab 6000CDT, Innuos Zenith MK II, Roon, Synology NAS, D250 Pro CI, Graham Audio Chartwell LS6f, Thorens TD-160, Pickering XV-15 1200e
Based on personal experience I would always recommend bargaining in getting a good deal on a 200 instead of a considerably more expensive 220 Pro.
I have had both in my house at the same time for a longer time and did a lot of A/B testing. Couldn't hear much improvement and still not sure if I heard any at all tbh. I am very glad I passed on the upgrade. The only thing interesting for me would have been future-proofness but as we all know Devialet has not been delivering and let many early adopters down once before when they stopped working on upgrades for the non-Pro models which were supposed to receive upgrades forever.
D200. B&W CM10S2. ROON over AIR for Tidal. Chromecast Audio thru SPDIF for Spotify Connect. Technics SL-1200, Ortofon 2M Bronze. 2x Reactor 600 as desktop monitors. Head/earphones: Denon AH-D5000, Campfire Andromeda S.
Try the D Premier.
I prefer it to the 220Ci. Had both in my system.
I think the phono stage on the D Prem is better.
And it sounds very good.
I also had the 250Ci in the same system, and the D prem is very close.
It does lack ethernet though.
Not sure what they go for on the second hand market now.
and it can be upgraded to a 250Ci if and when you want to.
Music Room:
Devialet ODA, Vivid Audio G2 Series 2, Linn LP 12, Hercules, Ekos Ortofon Cadenza Blue, Achromat, Dewaudio Starmap and Startrail, Magnum Dynalab Tuner, Theta Transport, Kimber KS 2120 Digital, VD Hul Suernova. 
Roon'd for life, Tidal.

Bedroom: Ming Da 300B pre, Pass Labs XA 30.5, Sonus Faber Olympica III, Aqua La Scala dac, Ifi Zen Stream

Johannesburg,
South Africa.

How does the 250pro compare to the 220pro?
I am selling my d200 and then want to go for an upgrade.
@Scooby Blue
Hello and welcome. I'll just add a couple of notes. The first is that I also came from a Naim system, and tubes before that. I started with a D120 and upgraded to a 220 Pro, then the CI upgrade followed. I have never had a single regret about buying the Devialet, and since the fall of 2016 I've been in the 'use it and forget about it' mode.

From my experience of the purchase and upgrade process, I recommend you search here for threads on Pro or CI sound quality. They are a couple of years old, but still fascinating reading  Wink . I suggest this as the change in presentation of the amps changed dramatically with the Pro upgrade; that is in my opinion, and I think it was an excellent improvement. Not everyone felt that way and you can find some posts to that effect as well. You may find something that speaks to you in the comments posted.

I don't have any experience with the other Devialet models, and you may be well ahead of me in research. And as much of the world is in limbo, as you say, do have lots of time to see what you like and what is available.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada