Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which turntable: Linn or Rega
Hi! 

What do think, which one would be better choise (cannot compare at home):
- Linn Sondek LP-12 (10 years old with ittok lvII, Lingo II, Trampolin, Cirkus)
- Rega Planar 8 or 10 with Apheta 3

I have 1000Pro and Sonus Fabers. 

if Linn, which cartridge for it, Adikt MM or Koil MC?
On table >> Linn with MC
Wall mounting >> Rega 10 with Apheta plus SUT

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
(28-Jan-2023, 15:38)RayMo Wrote: Hi! 

What do think, which one would be better choise (cannot compare at home):
- Linn Sondek LP-12 (10 years old with ittok lvII, Lingo II, Trampolin, Cirkus)
- Rega Planar 8 or 10 with Apheta 3

I have 1000Pro and Sonus Fabers. 

if Linn, which cartridge for it, Adikt MM or Koil MC?

Hi.

As far as cartridges go: looking at the specs of the Koil, the output is only 0.4 mV. There are posts on this forum where people have had to use a separate step up transformer in front of their Devialet as the low output from a MC cartridge means that you have to whack the volume up to get a decent volume level, which can cause noise. The output from the Adikt is 6.5 mV which won’t cause the same problems. You might find that the Adikt is a better choice.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Thanks, ghosttipper and Axel, good tips!
There are a few posts here regarding my experience trying the Rega RP10 with a Devialet. Might be of interest?

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-Which-tu...a#pid71602
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Now testing friend’s Axis. It has Oracle-labeled arm and Audioquest cartridge. I do not know, if it is mc or mm - cannot find any info by qooqling. This Axis is sensitive to environment, walking near the turntable (congrete floor) causes noise from speakers.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Thanks, Confused Smile