Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
WiFi address and volume change
Hi all, I am the proud new owner of a Devialet 120.

I am having a couple of small issues and am hoping someone can help.

In order to connect to a WiFi network, the Configurator asks for an SSID and Password, which is then loaded on the SD card as a text file.

So far, so good.

When I load the SD card back into the 120, it tries to find the network and fails.

Any thoughts?

My work around is to run an optical cable from my Airport Express to the Optical 1 input and stream from the Airport Express. This works just fine.

The other issue is a drop to -30dB on the volume control after about 30 minutes of listening.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Cheers,

RB
HawkmanHi all, I am the proud new owner of a Devialet 120.

I am having a couple of small issues and am hoping someone can help.

In order to connect to a WiFi network, the Configurator asks for an SSID and Password, which is then loaded on the SD card as a text file.

So far, so good.

When I load the SD card back into the 120, it tries to find the network and fails.

Any thoughts?

My work around is to run an optical cable from my Airport Express to the Optical 1 input and stream from the Airport Express. This works just fine.

The other issue is a drop to -30dB on the volume control after about 30 minutes of listening.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Cheers,

RB

I noticed that if SSID-name contains charter "_", devialet converts it to space (" "), so it newer connects. Lyckily I had another WiFi-router (and another name without "_") to connect.

Volume dropping: check your powersave settings ?
First, Devialet can only link to 2.4GHz bandwidth wifi signal. And, its antennae is very poor on reception. You have to place your Devialet really close to your router to get connected (as close as just next to each other, unless your wireless router is commercial grade.)
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(09-May-2015, 12:12)hk6230 Wrote: ... And, its antennae is very poor on reception. You have to place your Devialet really close to your router to get connected (as close as just next to each other, unless your wireless router is commercial grade.)

Hmm... not my experience.  I have a fairly cheap Netgear wireless modem router and can stream 24/192 files from 4m away with no drop-outs at all.  The signal strength reading on my 200 is typically in the range -44 to -54 dB.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(09-May-2015, 11:44)Akk_fin Wrote: I noticed that if SSID-name contains charter "_", devialet converts it to space (" "), so it newer connects. Lyckily I had another WiFi-router (and another name without "_") to connect.

Another undocumented "feature" is that the WPA passphrase must be strictly less than 32 characters (that is, no more than 31 characters). At least, it was with my 200 when I first set it up. I believe this is a limitation of the bought-in wi-fi module.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(09-May-2015, 14:23)PhilP Wrote:
(09-May-2015, 12:12)hk6230 Wrote: ... And, its antennae is very poor on reception. You have to place your Devialet really close to your router to get connected (as close as just next to each other, unless your wireless router is commercial grade.)

Hmm... not my experience.  I have a fairly cheap Netgear wireless modem router and can stream 24/192 files from 4m away with no drop-outs at all.  The signal strength reading on my 200 is typically in the range -44 to -54 dB.

Hmm... I was trying to connect my D200 to my router which is about 8-10m away, and D200 cannot connect well. Anyway, I bought one more router and placed it next to my D200 for better AIR performance (-30db and below). 
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(10-May-2015, 00:28)hk6230 Wrote:
(09-May-2015, 14:23)PhilP Wrote:

Hmm... I was trying to connect my D200 to my router which is about 8-10m away, and D200 cannot connect well. Anyway, I bought one more router and placed it next to my D200 for better AIR performance (-30db and below). 

Well I got fed up in short order with trying to get my Dev 200 to 'see' the router, maybe because of solid walls internally, so at the weekend since I did have some plug-in (mains) wifi extenders floating about with ethernet port, which seemed to work well with my television, I pressed my third one into commission. I plugged it into a spare mains socket next to another - pressed the 'pairing' buttons and in a few secs got both talking to each other (private network). Then I unplugged and transfered it to my dining room next to the Dev 200, and used an ethernet cable to connect - Voila!

To my ears the stream from my nas-Itunes was pretty damn good, but I cannot compare yet with raw wifi... anyone care to comment?

Later, I do intend to commission a spare laptop I have (with iTunes) and connect this via USB, so we will see how that compares later.

I am sure there are some experienced audiophiles here that can give us newbies the benefit of their finding?
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
Oh! ...and something I should have mentioned, the only annoyance is that the volume changes quite dramatically switching between sources as in my case...eg. the CD transport (connected via AES) is much louder than my wifi/ethernet, but I have had no luck finding a way of equalising this....

Anyone know?
Fairford UK area - Devialet 440, Aurender Streamer- Linked to QNAP NAS 453mini - Triangle Signature Deltas, Van Damme Professional Blue Series Studio Grade 2 x 4.0 mm cables, Moon Neo 260D DC Transport, Dell notebook Client linked both ethernet & wifi.
By the way, is the Devialet Wifi compatible with the 5GHz band ?
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -
(11-May-2015, 11:06)teddlesdee Wrote: Oh! ...and something I should have mentioned, the only annoyance is that the volume changes quite dramatically switching between sources as in my case...eg. the CD transport (connected via AES) is much louder than my wifi/ethernet, but I have had no luck finding a way of equalising this....

Anyone know?
You can configure it that when switching sources the volume is always reverted to a fixed (lower) volume.
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands