Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wifi vs Ethernet
Hello guys

Just bought a Devialet 120, and when trying to use Devialet Air by WiFi I had no success. Then I plugged in the ethernet cable to the Devialet and everything worked just fine. Don't think I didn't set the WiFi configuration at the SD Card.. I'm new, but not that distracted.

Hopefully you could help me!! Please!

Thank you Smile
Hello and Welcome MD,

I'm also a recent owner, so I can't give the benefit of extensive experience. I'm generally streaming to an airport express then by optical to the D120. I've also done a configuration file that activates the Wifi and Ethernet inputs. I believe that I had to enter the Wifi network name and password when I made the configuration file. I don't think these are on by default, but I'm guessing at a vague memory here. And we're all distracted by the shiny new box when it arrives, don't kid yourself... I've had mine for three weeks and I'm still definitely distracted by it. [Image: smile.gif]

But when you select Wifi as the input with the remote or Devialet app, do you see the little wireless icon, of expanding concentric arcs, in the display on top of the D? I think that indicates that the D itself is connected to the wireless network. I can't be sure as I also have an ethernet cable from my wireless router to the Airport Exp as well as to the D, so my only wireless connection is from iMac to router.

You do also need to download and install the Devialet AIR application. Even more, you may need to activate, or select the Devialet AIR as the output location in a control panel (system preferences > sound >output on the mac).

Tell us whether you're on mac or windows so that others can give more specific advice.

But again, welcome!
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Damon - is correct, well explained here. i m also new with Devialet. Still excited each time i reach home. I m still in audition mode.

I want to get to a couch + Wine + some Classic + Jazz + country rock mode = Not sure when that will happen.

Anyways, Like Damon, i m also old AE to Amps through toslink. first day on D120 i did that.

I eventually configured Wifi + ETH (AE ETH wire to D120), yes download AIR app to your mac/PC. mine is macbook AIR.

On AIR app i have enabled "Bit Perfect Mode". I only do AIR_ETH now a days. the drops i get is due to NAS driver (WD - maybe not be a good one).

Also Once i have hocked to AIR_ETH, my AIR_WIFI goes offline Smile. I used to go enable it and try on it but i have give up. I m enjoying AIR_ETH.

Toslink is also good way (did not find SQ difference yet) but the power on laptop/macbook/iphones gets sapped out sooner (not a big concern).
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
Thank you guys!
I bought the Airport Express, it's working fine. The only issue I have now is the delay between the sound and the image.. do you know how to fix it? Its aprox 2 seg delay.. But when looking at a movie is not nice though..
And I don't have tv.. so.. its like my only and nice toy Tongue
MD,
Glad you have things working. J_D's points are also good, and he is ahead of me on the various connection options.

When you say, 'image' are you referring to streaming a movie, or are you saying there is a delay between making a selection on a phone or pad and the response from the Devialet? If you are trying to stream a movie there may be some delay that you cannot fix. I think there were some posts about this, but it was a while ago and I'm not sure where they were.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Air is allways using buffering when playing files. You can ajust the amount of buffering in the setup of Air. Sometimes you can correct for timedelay the buffering  of Air causes in the videoplayer software settings. It's a bit trial and error in this regard.

When playing videostreams or files I usually prefer the USB connection; it doesn't use buffering, so there's no lipsync issue in using it. Cheers, ChM 
■ Devialet 1000 Pro & Roon Lifetime ■ Dynaudio Sapphire ■ Streacom fanless HTPC-SSD (W8.1) ■ Sonos  Connect (+Magna Ultimo mod) ■ Qobuz Studio  Qnap TS 219 P II ■ v.d. Hul The Revolution LS cables ■ PS Audio Quintet ■ picture: Sony VPL-HW65ES & LG-OLED65C9
Amsterdam NL
while USB could help for sure (i dont own streamers) ... did you also try ...
1) delay video to TV ? (i used have AVR one could delay the video that is sent to TV for lip sync)
2) Toslink has initiat dealy which wakes up the protocol before the data streaming starts. - there is no buffering delay here. Did not own new gen TV, does it also have optic out? this can go directly to your D.
3) ChM is right about reduction in buffer timing for AIR_ETH connection - is recommended in D website.

Can you share what is your set up to see if there is someone more experienced on this forum can share their thoughts ?
to search for any posts on this forum -> goto google -> devialetchat <your string> you get good hits Smile.

/Jnan
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"