Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will this kind of stand work for the 220?
Hi, I just made a kind of easel stand for my220 since I have a difficult spot where I can place the amp. It’s made out of aluminium legs curved in a bit more than 90 degrees with a plywood backside with 4 screws to hold the Devialet in place. There’s no risk of the amp tipping over since it’s leaning back but what I didn’t think of was that the stand is easy to rock/sway back and forth, which had me thinking about vibrations etc. 

Is it ok to have the amplifier placed like that or will it have an impact on sound or even be bad for the electronics somehow? I know it’s kind of a strange question but I don’t want to mount it wrong. Unfortunately devialets own easel or wall mount won’t fit in this place. 

Any advice?
Do you have an picture of how it looks?

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk
Can hopefully post a picture later this evening.
From your description it sounds like you have the amplifier mounted vertically, the same as it would be on a Devialet wall mount?

If that’s the case it will be fine. Why do think it might have an effect on the sound?

It may actually be better for the electronics as the airflow around the case might be better than having the amplifier sitting on a shelf, so it may improve the cooling.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
Yes, it’s mounted vertically with a slight tilt backwards.

I’m not really concearned about the sound, I’m thinking more of the life of the amp, bit it should do anything to the ingernals right?. Some ”audiophiöes” swears by blocks of stone, cones or dampening feets under their amps. Just thought I’d ask regarding my not so rigid stand Smile
I use a K&M guitar stand to hold my D200 upright. Very reasonable, small footprint and looks pretty good.
Roon > AIR Ethernet > D200 > FS Accordo
Cables: Graditech Voima 1 power | Duelund WE12GA
Cool. Please post pictures of your vertically mounted D experts with diy/unofficial stands. Would be fun to see.
I had a set of custom stands made for my 1000Pro and they've worked great. If anything, the vertical orientation should assist with convection cooling compared to lying flat (or stacked). For photos, see thread here: 
https://devialetchat.com/Thread-custom-s...0-800-1000
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.