Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Wilson Audio Sasha 2
I am considering selling my Sasha 2 speakers (serial number: 2803). These were purchased in 2015 from Guildford Audio and are simply wonderful. Apart from a tiny chip in the paintwork at the front of the right hand side speaker which is barely noticeable they are in great condition.  

The colour is a dark red/burgundy colour (Carmen Red) which looks amazing in the flesh.

I am attaching a few pics.

I am offering these for £17,000 as I would like to move these along fairly quickly. I have all the original accessory parts and crates. (NB: The Stillpoints under the speakers are being sold separately).

Any questions please PM me.

Cheers,

Guillaume

Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Lovely speakers those Sashas Guillaume. I suppose Reactor is not a match?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
And I’m curious to know what will be your next move @GuillaumeB

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(07-Sep-2020, 20:33)Jean-Marie Wrote: And I’m curious to know what will be your next move @GuillaumeB

Jean-Marie

WAMM.
Mac mini with Roon, Devialet 220 Pro CI, Black Sixteen speaker cables, Sonus Faber Guarneri Tradition and a pair of ears.
Guillaume, are you upgrading?
1. Devialet D1000 Pro, PMC Fact 12, Shunyata Sigma V2 speaker cables, Roon RAAT.
2. Devialet D250, Acoustic Energy AE1 mk1 on original stands, Straight Wire Crescendo 3 speaker cables. Roon
(07-Sep-2020, 11:30)GMMMuillaumeBM Wrote: I am considering selling my Sasha 2 speakers (serial number: 2803). These were purchased in 2015 from Guildford Audio and are simply wonderful. Apart from a tiny chip in the paintwork at the front of the right hand side speaker which is barely noticeable they are in great condition.  

The colour is a dark red/burgundy colour (Carmen Red) which looks amazing in the flesh.

I am offering these for £17,000 as I would like to move these along fairly quickly. I have all the original accessory parts and crates. (NB: The Stillpoints under the speakers are being sold separately).

Cheers,

Guillaume

May I enquire as to your room size? The speakers seem relatively close to side and back walls, though I note the treatment panels at the rear. Did you use the WASP technique to optimise placement?

My room is 21'L x 14'W and I have always thought it too small to accommodate floor-standing Wilsons, of whatever kind, to best effect.

Fraser
(08-Sep-2020, 21:53)fraserhadden Wrote:
(07-Sep-2020, 11:30)GMMMuillaumeBM Wrote: I am considering selling my Sasha 2 speakers (serial number: 2803). These were purchased in 2015 from Guildford Audio and are simply wonderful. Apart from a tiny chip in the paintwork at the front of the right hand side speaker which is barely noticeable they are in great condition.  

Cheers,

Guillaume

May I enquire as to your room size? The speakers seem relatively close to side and back walls, though I note the treatment panels at the rear. Did you use the WASP technique to optimise placement?

My room is 21'L x 14'W and I have always thought it too small to accommodate floor-standing Wilsons, of whatever kind, to best effect.

Fraser

Hi Fraser actually my room is a little smaller than yours at 18 x 12. 

A couple of years ago I was very fortunate to have Brandon Lauer (ex-Shunyata Research now back at Audio Research) optimise my speakers. Brandon was trained by the great Peter McGrath and is one of the best in the industry, his speaker setup skills are legendary! To give you an idea at the Hifi News show at Ascot last year he spent 3.5 hours setting up the Raidho TD3.8 speakers using the Wilson WASP technique.

Incidentally I have heard of cases where people are using larger Wilson speakers such as the Alexia 2 in smaller spaces. 

Cheers,

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(08-Sep-2020, 21:53)fraserhadden Wrote: May I enquire as to your room size? The speakers seem relatively close to side and back walls, though I note the treatment panels at the rear. Did you use the WASP technique to optimise placement?

Fraser

Here's a link to a listening report for the Wilson WAMM Master Chronosonic, their largest speaker, in a 21.5 ft x 18 ft room with a 9.5 ft ceiling: https://www.stereophile.com/content/list...hronosonic   The room is described as "a lot smaller than the sort of space usually associated with speakers this large". I think that's a fair comment.

It does seem that where there's a will there's a way  :-)
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Of course, there is also Wilson Audio advocate Ken Kesslers' listening room, similarly sized to GuillaumeB.

Ken Kessler listening room plan

More information can be found at Hi FI News
Thank you, all.

Ken Kesslers' room must be a mixture of the reflective from the CD racks and the non-reflective, from the LP spines. His sitting position is also in line with the WASP limits of 1.1 to 1.25 x the distance between the tweeters.

I must be able to achieve this in my room, so I shall adjust my 'speaker positions this weekend.

Fraser