Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Windows 10 crashing
My setup was working fine up till today. Very couple of songs, the computer goes blue screen and has the following error message : "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (AIRAUDIODRIVER.SYS)"

Anyone experiencing the same? I did turn off defender already.

Using air2.1.4

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I think the issue is Windows defender would turn on automatically.

Definitely a driver issue ...you could try reinstalling 2.1.4 but personally I would uninstall the 2.1.4 and go with 2.1.3 as the consensus is the older version is more stable
Foobar2000/Win10 ~ Devialet 440Pro ~ Tannoy Precision 6.4 ~ Auralic Taurus Mk2 ~ Sennheiser HD700
The Missing Link Cryo Reference Mains Cables / The Chord Company Silver Plus USB / Townshend Isolda Bi-Wire Speaker Cables / Townshend Isolda DCT 300 Interconnects / Quadraspire Q4 EVO Rack

The Cotswolds England
Warpeon, you can also install the FREE Fidelizer which will stop the Windows Defender and other non-audio related processes. My experience was that AIR 2.1.3 is better with Win10. And, I would suggest you update your Win10 to the latest as in my experience it helps make my NUC more stable and I have encountering zero reboot or BSOD after updating.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(20-Dec-2015, 04:48)warpeon Wrote: My setup was working fine up till today. Very couple of songs, the computer goes blue screen and has the following error message : "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (AIRAUDIODRIVER.SYS)"

Anyone experiencing the same? I did turn off defender already.

Using air2.1.4

Thanks

That's exacly the same problem as I am experiencing.
You might wanna look into these topics for tips.
Windows 10
AIR crashing computer
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
Try air 2.1.3 I do and never have any problems.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
All: Thanks. It seems "clear virtual memory" did the job for me for now - been able to play over 1 hr without crashing on AIR2.1.3, only white noise once when playing a DSF file. will try it with 2.1.4. seems like the AIR 2.1.4 had been a bit more stable playing DSF files.

In any case, I have ordered an Auralic Aries Mini. Hoping it will arrive before Christmas and sound just as good as AIR and functions almost the same as JRiver. Then I can totally get rid of the company in the chain of things, plus Tidal integration, all on one app.

For those wanted to know how to "clear virtual memory". The reference from the other thread is below:
http://www.isunshare.com/windows-8/clear...puter.html