Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Windows 10
Air seems buggy for me when the setting "when the device appears on the network > always stream to it automatically"
doesn't automatically select My Devialet-ETH when booting the computer.

I have to manually select My Devialet-ETH then.
Some time (minutes or hours) later the computer will reboot itself after a blue screen of death.
When I reinstall Air and ETH is automatically selected again I can play for days in a row.
Still testing it though...
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
Cylob, after selecting Always stream to it automatically, quit Devialet Air and restart. This will solve your problem.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(16-Dec-2015, 19:26)moideb Wrote: We've got a Devialet 200 and use it with a Windows 10 laptop.  The amp is plugged into ethernet and I was using Air to play my streaming Tidal music.  Stuttering starts after a period and the only way to get rid of it is to turn the amp off and on again which isn't pleasant.

I contacted Devialet support and this is their reply.  Don't hold your breath for an Air upgrade anytime soon!

Devialet Support (Devialet)
14 déc. 12:41
Dear Sir or Madam,
Thank you for your message.
Devialet AIR is actually not compatible yet with Windows 10.
USB will be the way to avoid any issues with AIR and Windows 10.
There are no new versions of AIR that will be release soon unfortunately.
Best regards,

I think that this is a fairly outrageous response from Devialet support.  It is not as is Windows 10 is some kind of obscure operating system only used by a handful of enthusiasts.   It also a little strange; in that many Windows 10 users report that AIR works without any issues, so clearly it is at least partially compatible.  For me AIR / Windows 10 works fine on some occasions, often for many hours without issue, but other days I do get stuttering.  I would like to know why this is, I'm sure a couple of tweaks to my PC and all might be well.  But if all Devialet will say is that Windows 10 is not compatible and no update is due, this doesn't tell me much in the way of useful information.  What it perhaps does tell us is that Devilaet have either given up on AIR, or maybe they are just too busy with other things at the moment.  At the very least, it clearly indicates that Devialet are not allowing their support staff to communicate sensibly on the subject.  This is unacceptable in my view.
(17-Dec-2015, 21:45)hk6230 Wrote: Cylob, after selecting Always stream to it automatically, quit Devialet Air and restart. This will solve your problem.

Usually that works yeah, but when it doesn't automatically select ETH anymore after rebooting a reinstall of Air does seem to fix it.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
(17-Dec-2015, 18:21)Cylob Wrote: Air seems buggy for me when the setting "when the device appears on the network > always stream to it automatically"
doesn't automatically select My Devialet-ETH when booting the computer.

I have to manually select My Devialet-ETH then.
Some time (minutes or hours) later the computer will reboot itself after a blue screen of death.
When I reinstall Air and ETH is automatically selected again I can play for days in a row.
Still testing it though...

I experienced the same problems with my recently bought Asus VivoPC VM60 mini pc with Win 10, i5 processor, SSD, 8 GB RAM and the problem was driving me totally crazy for a couple of days.
I bought the Asus VM60 to set up as a dedicated Roon server because I don't want to use my Asus i7 Win 10 laptop (use this a workstation) for music streaming.
Have played more than a month with the Asus laptop with Roon Labs server and Devialet AIR 2.1.3 on it without any problem at all, but directly after I installed Roon Labs server and Devialet AIR on the Asus VivoPC I experienced very annoying random reboot problems and constantly changing AIR settings Angry
When I checked the crash dump data log in Win 10 I noticed that ''Kernel power event 41'' was listed at all the moments the VivoPC had the reboot problems.
Windows says that the ''Kernel power event 41'' has to do with power problems, a pc which is not shut off correctly, or possible driver problems.
When I did some research on the internet I read that there are a lot of experienced problems with the Intel Management Engine driver in Win 10, especially by people who use their PC as a multimedia player...
After this read I checked the Intel Management Engine driver on my Asus laptop (which is working perfect with Roon and Devialet AIR) and it has another (older) version of Intel ME driver.
So I downloaded the same version of the Intel ME driver and installed it on the Asus VivoPC and disabled the Windows update function for drivers.
After the installation I experienced no Kernel power event 41 problems anymore and the Asus VivoPC is now able to play constantly for the whole day without any problem and I also experience less heat generation of the mini PC.

Other options you can check in your settings to avoid some possible problems :

> Target device buffer in Devialet AIR setting: 500 ms or higher (I experienced less CPU use and less heat generation when I changed this setting in AIR and Roon settings) 
> Startup settings in Win 10: disable fast start up function (a lot of Win 10 users found this as a solution for the random rebooting problems)
> Check the condition and power capacity of your power supply: in my situation I experienced that the original wall wart SMPS (3,43 amp.) generate a lot of heat (to much i.m.o.) after just 30 minutes of playing. I replaced it with a 19 volt 6,5 amp. SMPS temporarily until my ordered HD-Plex 100 W linear power supply arrives.

I really like my Devialet 200 and its sound, but the lack of support and R&D of Devialet about their Expert line is really frustrating me !
The only thing what seems to count for them is to give 100% attention to the marketing and sales targets about their Phantom.... Angry
Amp: Devialet 200 // Renderer: Streacom FC-5 Alpha based audio pc with HDPlex 100W LPS - HDPlex 250W ATX UPS - PPA PCIe USB V2 - Roon Labs core - JPlay - Fidelizer Audio Pro  // Speakers: Kharma 3.2 CE black label upgrade // Active sub: Eton Hexacone 10 '' with Hypex DS 4.0 // Cables: Siltech Explorer 180 L - Acoustic Revive Powermax 10000 + IeGo 8055 - Furutech FP-3TS20 + IeGo 8055 - Acoustic Revive USB 1.OPLS - Belden cat.7 1885 ENH + Telegartner MFP8

Thanks JeanF!

Useful tips. My Air buffer is still on 1000ms.
Fast start is enabled (default it seems), so will do some testing later to see if that keeps Air from changing it's settings.
Not sure if or what version of the Intel Management Engine driver I have installed though.
Such a bummer they won't fix the software anytime soon. Phantom seems to be their priority atm.
(18-Dec-2015, 14:07)Cylob Wrote:
(17-Dec-2015, 21:45)hk6230 Wrote: Cylob, after selecting Always stream to it automatically, quit Devialet Air and restart. This will solve your problem.

Usually that works yeah, but when it doesn't automatically select ETH anymore after rebooting a reinstall of Air does seem to fix it.

What I meant was to restart AIR not the system after setting.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

When ETH isn't automatically selected by Air, just restarting Air doesn't fix it.
A reboot or reinstall will fix it.

But for now the system seems very unstable again. Several blue screens.
Did disable fast start of Win10, so gonna enable it again: that seems to have made a change or made it worse even.
Hi Cylob

Once you have got sufficiently frustrated with this nonsense AIR driver, you will do what I and many others have done, and settle for USB at the expense of sound quality.

For reasons I can't begin to imagine, my system with AIR seems extremely unstable when 'cold', but if I persevere, it usually gets to the point where it will run nicely for 2 or 3 days at a time. I dread switching off either the NUC or the Dev for fear of upsetting it, but even when left alone, I can still get a BSOD for no apparent reason.  If I happen to see the screen, it is always due to the AIR driver and a problem with the IRQ that causes the crash. I find it unbelievable that Devialet still haven't bothered to fix this.

zap
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
Hey Zappydev!

Exacly the same problem as I have, yeah. See the screen below.

Like you said: it seems I'll have to go the USB way.
It's just that I do love the Air sound more. More transparency, airy, bigger soundstage.
Only tested it with cheap USB cables though.
Problem is that I need a long USB cable and I'm allergic to jitter... ;-)
Will try and see if my dealer will provide any help.
They promised my an Air update in July after contacting Devialet.
So it's about time they come up with a solution.

Does this look familiar?  Tongue

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)