Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wire and wireless connected toghter
Wink 
Hi ,
I'm connect via ethernet to the phanthoms.
But before was wireless.
I scanned my network today and found out that both connection are alive on the same phantom w8red and wireless.
2 different ips.
(24-Nov-2020, 15:04)eladeb Wrote: Hi ,
I'm connect via ethernet to the phanthoms.
But before was wireless.
I scanned my network today and found out that both connection are alive on the same phantom w8red and wireless.
2 different ips.

Try to power down both of them and restart.
It is normal to get IP addresses for both the Ethernet and wireless when you start one, then the other. They will eventually expire, depending on your DHCP setup. If you are worried, you can remove them in your DHCP setup on your router.
That not my concern.
How do i know that im running on wired and not wirelessly?
(25-Nov-2020, 13:25)eladeb Wrote: That not my concern.
How do i know that im running on wired and not wirelessly?

It's stated in the app that ethernet is preferred over PLC and WiFi if connected. You'll have to trust Devialet or remove the WiFi info from the web UI.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I've flagged this to Devialet before - why doesn't the app tell you what connection is in use right now? Annoying.
Just blocked via the router the wifi connection.
The music didnt stopped so i guess i was on wired but when trying to search for update the circle goes around and around.

Only after force stop the update was successful.

They have to mark what connection are on.
But from the web ui we can connect to a "faulty" wifi and make the wire primary.
If it really bothers you, edit the SSID on the SD card, then it cannot use wireless
               Cape Town - South Africa, the home of good wine
Mercury Pi2 & Gentoo,  Expert 440PRO CI.  4Tb SSD.  ET LF8bs, B&W AS700 sub.  2 x Dachshunds
(27-Nov-2020, 20:56)chrisc Wrote: If it really bothers you, edit the SSID on the SD card, then it cannot use wireless

No SD card in the Phantom, but editing the SSID in the web interface would be a solution.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage