Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With Companion or Without Companion?
Perfect !
Route-1 is what I will do when am home ... Thank you!
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
(30-Jun-2019, 03:53)RebelMan Wrote: It was my understanding that a "companion" unit is a slimmed down version of the full product meaning that it is missing some hardware, like networking capabilities, etc. It is also my understanding that Devialet no longer sells companion units and if someone wanted to make a single unit a dual-mono unit they would have to purchase another full product (matching unit).

According to Devialet's website, the Expert 210 Pro Dual "combines two Expert 140 Pro units", likewise for the 440 and 1000 each "combines two Expert 220 Pro units" and "combines two Expert 250 Pro units" respectfully.  Does this mean that the second unit in the 210, 440, 1000 kits is a full product or a traditionally slimmed down "companion" product mentioned above?

I have tested this with a recent purchase of 440 from another member. I paired the remote with each unit and played music via streaming. So, only thing missing is a remote control.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
(01-Jul-2019, 19:22)sam1000 Wrote: I have tested this with a recent purchase of 440 from another member. I paired the remote with each unit and played music via streaming. So, only thing missing is a remote control.

(30-Jun-2019, 17:12)Laura Wrote: They all come in individual boxes, each with their own serial number and each registered by their own serial numbers. If you buy any of the Pro versions it will be a fully functional unit. It's only if you were to buy the older non-pro model that you have to be careful as to which you are buying.

Good to know thanks.
"Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
I appreciate everyone's response as well because I was also wondering about master/companion differences with the newer models. I'm the owner of both a 250 Pro CI and a 220 Pro CI (long story) and have been trying to decide whether I should sell the 220 and stand pat or sell the 220 and pick up another 250 at some point. Now I better understand the options.
Audiolab 6000CDT, Innuos Zenith MK II, Roon, Synology NAS, D250 Pro CI, Graham Audio Chartwell LS6f, Thorens TD-160, Pickering XV-15 1200e