Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
With the 200 I don't need a high end DAC?
Hello - new here. . .Am building a new listening room and had planned on going with a PS Audio DirectStream DAC as well as some mono blocks, etc. A friend of mine suggesting looking at Devialet and I am working to audition one in my house. . but, if I understand correctly, the Devialet can (or will) remove my need for a separate DAC?

Thanks
Hello!

Yes, the Devialet incorporates a (high quality) DAC.  The analog output is normally direct to the speakers, but you can also configure it to produce line-level analog output, either stereo or mono (e.g. to drive a sub-woofer).

I'm sure you're likely to have more questions, in which case you'll find plenty of information and people ready to help on this forum.

Ian
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I think the PS does DSD which Devialet doesn't do yet, so keep that in mind. Although there's a fair chance that will change this year.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.