Poll: Would you upgrade to next gen Expert Pro?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes, an improved version would be great
33.33%
19 33.33%
No, I’m ready to move on to another brand
12.28%
7 12.28%
No, I’ll stick with my currrent version
54.39%
31 54.39%
Total 57 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Would you buy a ‘Next Gen’ Expert Pro?
Hi all,
Quick question…..

If Devialet released an all-new range of Expert Pro CI with dramatically improved power supplies, updated, much improved and modernised DAC, improved DSP room tailoring, improved vibration control,  internet based configurator and very clearly improved sonics at no more that a 20% price premium above current levels, would you be tempted to upgrade? 
Just curious
Nope. Happy with what I have.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Happy with actually performance soundwise / no need for new upgrade

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
Won't buy the new expert pro model, if any. A. I think the company can make the current expert pro leap jump to next sonic level and make other improvements, as the CI is intended for, if the management really wants to do so. B. Expert pro is not cheap. I would rather choose another brand to start a new game than to buy the new expert pro. C. I dislike the way the company treats its customers.

But at this moment, I would still keep my 440.
I would stick to my current setup because I don't perceive any lack or deficiency.
Of course I would love to see some of the bugs fixed, and if a software update was delivering new improvements I would not reject them, but I highly doubt that they would make a difference in my current environment, at least not worth shelling out money to replace it.

The only possible exception for me would be room correction, but since I'm 100% dematerialized and playing from my computer, paying for DSP features that I can run on my computer at no additional cost would be a hard sell. On the other hand, if it were provided as a software upgrade, then maybe.
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
I would upgrade depending os the cost and the sound quality. (250 upgraded became near the performance of 1000 for 3000-4000 EUR).
I don't care about dsp, streaming, etc, because i moved to an external aes/ebu streamer.
farad super 3 (12v, sr orange fuse, furutech rodium ac inlet) -> daphile / diy streamer -> audioquest cinnamon toslink -> denafrips gaia -> transparent reference aes/ebu -> devialet 250pro ci -> transparent mws xl -> proac 3.8.

solid tech hybrid rack, shunyata hydra 8, shunyata anaconda helix alpha, shunyata python helix vx, dc cable farad level 2, isoacoustics orea bronze, ansuz darkz d2t.
I probably would not, but not because I have any issues wth the equipment or company. In fact, I'd keep the 220 and change all the other parts of the system first.

But really, I'm finding that I so rarely sit and listen to music that I don't need a big system at all. I love what I have but in terms of cost vs time spent listening, I'm paying a lot per minute.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Hypothetically speaking? If a "next gen" was released, bug free, and with valid rave reviews, of course I'd be tempted. But given the way the Pro CI has been handled, I'd have to be fully convinced that this was being done by a new and improved Devialet. And that, I think, is far less likely.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(19-May-2022, 04:04)mdconnelly Wrote: Hypothetically speaking?  If a "next gen" was released, bug free, and with valid rave reviews, of course I'd be tempted.  But given the way the Pro CI has been handled, I'd have to be fully convinced that this was being done by a new and improved Devialet.  And that, I think,  is far less likely.

Totally agree.  Whilst sending back to Devialet, upgrading from a D-Premier to a 250 Pro was well worth the investment,  it's difficult to fathom an updated Expert Model that supplies enough of an upgrade to warrant investing the funds required to spend
1, ATC SCM 40 V2 speakers,  SVS PC4000 subwoofer,  Devialet Expert Pro 1000, ,  Ultrasone Edition 15, Ultrasone Edition 15 Veritas,  ,Chord Hugo TT, Magnetar UBR-800, GeerFab DBoB, OTL Headphone amp

2. Dynaudio Focus 360 , Devialet Expert Pro 220, Reavon UBR X-110, GeerFab DBoB
Honestly don’t know… I think that the company since was sold to the LV group, let the Expert line back and don’t invest on it as they should and they did at first. I don’t have memory of a relevant free upgrade and at first they did a lot, one of them with big changes and power upgrade.

The 440Pro, im very happy with it, only thing i would ask for improve is the DAC, the technology moves very fast in electronics and is little dated.