Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optical auto switch malfunction
Hi all - I've had a few issues along the way with my 2 white phantoms + dialog such as lip sync issues with optical, crackling dialog optical input, and difficulty with setting up. Obviously others have also experienced this issue. 

One issue I am dealing with that I have not yet read about others experiencing is the optical input auto switch feature reacting unusually. 

When I am using Spotify connect my music with randomly stop, and I have to open my Spotify app and play the music again. I also notice that the volume resets to 30 or 35 which is the default for when you change inputs. The same behaviour occurs when playing music from Spark. The same behaviour occurs regardless of the optical input being connected to the phantom or the dialog. This issue never occurs when I turn of the auto select feature (but it is frustrating to have to open the app every time I want to switch to my tv input). 

My optical input is coming from a Sony XBR65X850C. I am wondering if it is sending out some random optical signal that cause the phantoms to switch input and pause Spotify. Or are the phantoms detecting some kind of false positive. 

Any advice??
I normally have issues with optical input from the dialog if the optical cable connector is not stable. Any vibration along the cable causes issues if the connection is not fit/stable.