Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow - An Update!
No update (yet) here .... still on 1.4.0.5
2x Phantom I Gold Opera de Paris 2.12.3 on Branch
Well.... using it now, but only through Bluetooth.
Using the Spark program on my MacBook Pro doesn't send any music to the Phantoms (the play button is non-responsive).
I assume they need to update Spark....
I had several cases of 'sputtering' of music for 5-10 seconds; which is very odd. I never had that before.
fyi
This 1.4.1 release seems to be itself phantom firmware. No updates offered for me here in Blighty yet (UK). I wonder if Devialet are able to tag certain User's Serial Numbers as priority update if they have complained enough?
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
(29-Oct-2015, 13:43)JohnnySix Wrote: This 1.4.1 release seems to be itself phantom firmware. No updates offered for me here in Blighty yet (UK). I wonder if Devialet are able to tag certain User's Serial Numbers as priority update if they have complained enough?

they can for sure... there's an option in spark if you want to send automatic report to them. I'm sure they can listen to us as well.
I have 1.4.1.1 now on my dialog and 3 phantoms-- no new release on Spark. The download was sent to my system by tech support in response to my phone calls and multiple bug and crash reports. Limited improvement, the sporadic loss of phantoms continues, and the dialog "loses" the optical signal sporadically.

System configuration is full belt and suspenders with Wifi, Homeplug AC passthrough, and ethernet connections to all units and router. Dialog and phantoms are in the same room.

System software and hardware robustness is still somewhere between alpha and beta... Spark is a beginner's app and needs a lot of work.

I love the sound when it works, or I would have consigned the gear to Hunter S. Thompson's Smithereens cannon.
Levinson 33 amps, Wilson Grand Slamm S3's, Levinson 32 ref pre and ad/da, Basis Ovation and Rega 40 with JSpall custom tone arms, Lyra, Ortofon & Grado cartridges, Marantz AV 8801, PSAudio phono pre, Devialet Dialog w  5 Gold Phantoms, Wilson powered subwoofer, Watch center, Wilson surrounds, Kaleidescape Movie server, Crestron AV controller and switch, 120 MBS docsis3 modem, 20 MBS xdsl modem, Peplink balance 20 router, Ruckus 802.11ac Wave 2 WAPS plus multi Pakedge WAPs, 48 port POE gigabit switch, NetGear 8TB NAS, Amazon Fire,ROKU and Apple TV gen 4, 12 core Mac Pro, Macbook Air Retina, 65" and 50" Runco TV's. Blue sound node 2, OPPO BDP105D, DSpeaker AntiMode 2.0, Octava HDMI/Optical switch, cabling Nordost for analog, Cardas and wireworld for digital/optical.
Maybe the firmware update only affects the blutooth module, which some of us do not have???
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire