Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your Phantom setups
Hey guys. I want to know, how do you use your Phantoms in different settings, are you having any troubles with it, etc.

My setup is pretty usual: I have a two Phantoms, Dialog, PS4 and an Apple TV to play music and watch movies. PS4 and Apple TV are connected via HDMI to HDMI/Optical switch, that allows me to connect up to 4 HDMI sources to a single Dialog.

I am planning to buy a remote, since controlling Phantoms over the phone is not too convenient (get a phone, unlock it, open app, change volume).

Two notices: it was a surprise to me that Phantoms could communicate over the power line (PLC) and that the Tidal is not streaming in lossless by default (check the Tidal settings to make sure).

Latest Spotify update works flawlessly.
(06-Feb-2016, 10:43)dmitrek Wrote: Hey guys. I want to know, how do you use your Phantoms in different settings, are you having any troubles with it, etc.

My setup is pretty usual: I have a two Phantoms, Dialog, PS4 and an Apple TV to play music and watch movies. PS4 and Apple TV are connected via HDMI to HDMI/Optical switch, that allows me to connect up to 4 HDMI sources to a single Dialog.

I am planning to buy a remote, since controlling Phantoms over the phone is not too convenient (get a phone, unlock it, open app, change volume).

Two notices: it was a surprise to me that Phantoms could communicate over the power line (PLC) and that the Tidal is not streaming in lossless by default (check the Tidal settings to make sure).

Latest Spotify update works flawlessly.
My Tidal defaulted to "best available" which will be lossless if a lossless version of the track exists. Not all Tidal tracks are lossless (a well hidden fact)
I work with two Phantoms, Dialog and the Western Digital Live Hub for movies. AppleTV doesn't play MKV files (don't know how it handles subtitles) so I haven't dared to upgrade to ATV yet. Connection is via optical as well.

Devialet remote works well for volume, waiting for additional functionality for it Smile.

I had the same setting defaulted for Tidal, changed it to lossless. And PLC works like a charm Smile
2x Phantom I Gold Opera de Paris 2.12.3 on Branch
Frenkb: just in case, there is a great piece of software to stream any kind of files to Apple TV, called Beamer.
(07-Feb-2016, 11:54)dmitrek Wrote: Frenkb: just in case, there is a great piece of software to stream any kind of files to Apple TV, called Beamer.

Thanks, does that also work when my movies are on a NAS and access them directly from the AppleTV?
Two white Phantoms on white Branch
Dialog connected to Airport Time Capsule
Tidal controlled over iPad (and sometimes iPhone or Macbook)
(I have used Qobuz for about 8 months, but I like Tidal much better)
Happy Phantom user since april 2015 (currently 2 Gold Phantom, Dialog, Branch/Tree) with Tidal hifi.
(07-Feb-2016, 21:27)frenkb Wrote:
(07-Feb-2016, 11:54)dmitrek Wrote: Frenkb: just in case, there is a great piece of software to stream any kind of files to Apple TV, called Beamer.

Thanks, does that also work when my movies are on a NAS and access them directly from the AppleTV?

It works only with the files accessible from your computer. You can try installing Plex or VLC on your Apple TV, if you have a latest device.
(08-Feb-2016, 07:33)dmitrek Wrote: It works only with the files accessible from your computer. You can try installing Plex or VLC on your Apple TV, if you have a latest device.

Hmm I don't yet, me buying it depends on whether the playback works directly from the ATV and not via my laptop.
Plex allows it for sure. At least when you can have a
Plex server installed on NAS.
I use the devialets as wireless as possible

MY SYSTEM:

- cable company modem (cisco), wifi disabled.
- Netgear nighthawk R-7000 router.
- Dialog.
- 2x silver phantoms on branch.
- 2x devialet remote (one on the dinertable and one by the Seating/TV)
- 2x audioquest cat700 ethernetcable
- 1x Atlas mavros Glass optical.
- 1x samsung F9000 4K UHD TV
- 3x Iphone 5s
- 2x Ipad.
- 1x macbook pro with my losless music library.
- Qobuz sublime.
- latest firmware updates

SETUP:

My system setup is as wireless as possible, the phantoms are not connected with ethernetcables.

- Cisco cable company (wifi disabled) -> cat700 ethernetcable -> Netgear Nighthawk R-7000 router -> Cat700 ethernetcable -> Dialog.

- TV -> opticalcable -> left phantom. (Watching TV and listening to radio)

- 5x apple devices wireless.

For me everything works almost flawlessly and very fast without dropouts and sounds great.

I Think the netgear R7000 router is an important factor in the best performance of my wireless system.