Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your single Phantom experiences?
Just got and set up my new (30%off) single white phantom (intented to be use in a different location as my 2 others). I must say: set up is just so easy now with bluetooth!, just pairing, that's it. No need to use Spark. A real plug&play fun!
Can you comment on how the single speaker sounds versus the pair?
Well, to get "down" is always more difficult than "up"... I hadn't time yet to have a deeper and longer listening, but it's a clear and powerful sound as I expected to have. More to come.
Well, I originally asked the question
and now DHL just delivered a single silver PH.
What to say?
in a word: Sublime!
The ominidirectional spread is wonderful, the bass and frequency separation is wonderful
Clean, clear and as loud as you could ever want,
very very happy,
if there is anyone else out there who is considering a single phantom, go for it! Smile
I'm back to single temporarily after 2 very happy days of running a pair. It is a great mono speaker but I personally found the pair to be really great. Might just be the way they interact with my room.

The single is really a fun listen though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a single white for some time and was happy with it until I went to the showroom and heard it in stereo. Bought two silvers and never looked back.
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
(25-Sep-2015, 05:06)trashken Wrote: I have a single white for some time and was happy with it until I went to the showroom and heard it in stereo. Bought two silvers and never looked back.

Out of interest why did you go for the silvers over a second white?
Hi there, I run 1 Silver Phantom in a combined living/dining room and the impression is definitely not mono, much more omnipresent than for instance my BOSE Soundlink Mini. When you hit some bass notes or a theatrical explosion, the whole room is reverberating and you cannot locate a point source. Will upgrade to 2 units in future but for now the setup is firing on all cylinders!
--
Stereo Devialet Silver Phantoms via Dialog.