Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Zobel network for Devialet?
Has anyone tried a zobel network with a Devialet amp? I have the chance to pick up something like that second hand but I'm not sure it would work with the Devialet.
http://www.spec-corp.co.jp/e/audio/RSP-501EX/index.html

Zoltan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500
This may not give the best result with a Devialet amp due to the extremely low output impedance of the design. Probably best used with (and intended for) tube amps. If you get a good deal on a pair of those, by all means try them! You'll never know until you try... For technical compatibility, send a question to Devialet support.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Hello, some amplifiers are sensitive to capacitive loads, especially when they are open, i.e. no loudspeaker is connected.
A "Zobel-Filter" prescribes an ohmic base load. It is also not correct, that a properly dimensioned sable member would influence the frequency response already in the listening area, since the filter-wide intervene outside the listening area! In most high-quality amplifiers (or not) a "Zobel-Filter" is already installed!
I've built myself one thing, it really is penny articles, but could not find any sound change. Shy
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Maybe some of us already have one?

https://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?...ght=patent

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2017/0207750.html

Page 4 section 0083 of the patent per the above link refers.

What does this all mean?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Thank you guys for the responses. I was also advised against it by a (Devialet) knowledgeable friend. I'll probably give it a miss this time. It's just I'm in Japan on holiday and there is an endless supply of second hand accessories in audio 'department stores' here. Very temped to buy lots of things...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Win10/HQPlayer / Roon - Uptone Audio Etherregen switch / SOtM-SMS-200 ultra with clock input - Mutec REF 10 clock for the switch and the streamer - Denafrips GAIA DCC - Devialet D800 - YG Acoustics Carmel - Dual Elac SUB-2090 
power supplies: Uptone JS-2, SOtM SPS-500