Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Connecting Rythmik subwoofer to Devialet 120
Hi experts,

I am planning to get Rythmik subwoofer and was wondering how to connect Rythmik subwoofer to Devialet 120. My devialet doesnt have preout since I didnt opt for the optional preout board. Can any one let me know how to connect subwoofer to Devialet 120?

After some research on web I found that I can use high level speaker connection for integrating subwoofer to  2 channel amp. I am bit confused about this option as it is bit difficult to take parallel connection from speaker out and connect to my left and right speaker and also subwoofer Angry .

In addition I saw a note on Rythmik website about connecting to digital power amp. 
Please see the note from Rythmik website.

Can I connect the speaker output from my digital power amplifier to the speaker input of the sub??

Our speaker inputs are designed to accept regular single ended power amplifier outputs where the black terminals are the ground. Most digital power amplifiers have complementary outputs. That is, the black terminal is not true ground. This can cause problem problem even when the user accidentally short the black terminals of left and right channels together. Using outputs from complementary output amplifiers not only can damage our amplifier, it can use damage the source power amplifier itself. Please confirm with manufacturer of your digital power amplifier before using speaker level inputs.

Is that a problem  Huh I need to worry?  I didnt clearly understand the point and how to confirm with Devialet ?
Please let me know.

Thanks in advance.
I think a similar question was answered recently on the forum. If I remember correctly, Devialet confirmed that if you're using an Expert amplifier in normal stereo mode (that is, not dual mono), the black speaker terminals are ground so this should be OK. Definitely worth checking, though.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(06-Aug-2019, 20:38)thumb5 Wrote: I think a similar question was answered recently on the forum.  If I remember correctly, Devialet confirmed that if you're using an Expert amplifier in normal stereo mode (that is, not dual mono), the black speaker terminals are ground so this should be OK.  Definitely worth checking, though.
Thanks for giving some hint. Do I need to contact Devialet support to get confirmation?
Also I will try to search in the forum.

Thanks.
I did a search in forum and looks like there is thread for Dual mono with REL Sub woofer and nothing about connecting with Rythmik subs Huh  . Rel suggest to use high level connection and they provide cable to have the connection. I am inclined to servo controlled sub sand hence thought of getting with Rythmik sub .
Hi,
Does any one uses subwoofer other than Rel with Devialet?  High level connection is the best wasy if amp doesnt have preout or subwoofer out like in my case. I am worried because of the following point.

In addition I saw a note on Rythmik website about connecting to digital power amp.
Please see the note from Rythmik website.

Can I connect the speaker output from my digital power amplifier to the speaker input of the sub??

Our speaker inputs are designed to accept regular single ended power amplifier outputs where the black terminals are the ground. Most digital power amplifiers have complementary outputs. That is, the black terminal is not true ground. This can cause problem problem even when the user accidentally short the black terminals of left and right channels together. Using outputs from complementary output amplifiers not only can damage our amplifier, it can use damage the source power amplifier itself. Please confirm with manufacturer of your digital power amplifier before using speaker level inputs.

Can you please let me know the best way to connect Devialet 120 to subwoofer?

Thanks
@lal99 I am quite convinced @thumb5 is right about the stereo models. The speaker minus (black) terminals are common ground just like Linn advices. Only a bridged design (like Devialet mono-blocks) have both positive and negative active. Illustrated by the fact that speakers connect to the red binding posts on dual-mono. Devialet support should easily be able to confirm this.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(13-Aug-2019, 21:50)ogs Wrote: @lal99  I am quite convinced @thumb5 is right about the stereo models. The speaker minus (black) terminals are common ground just like Linn advices. Only a bridged design (like Devialet mono-blocks) have both positive and negative active. Illustrated by the fact that speakers connect to the red binding posts on dual-mono. Devialet support should easily be able to confirm this.

Thanks a lot ogs for your reply. I will confirm with Devialet support.

I am planning to add two subs. I am bit confused  Confused with high level connection.
So I can just take a parallel connection from left speaker terminal on Devialet 120 ( positive and negative) and connect to both left speaker and subwoofer in. Then repeat  the same with right speaker and subwoofer?

Is that the correct way?

Thanks
(13-Aug-2019, 22:45)lal99 Wrote:
(13-Aug-2019, 21:50)ogs Wrote: @lal99  I am quite convinced @thumb5 is right about the stereo models. The speaker minus (black) terminals are common ground just like Linn advices. Only a bridged design (like Devialet mono-blocks) have both positive and negative active. Illustrated by the fact that speakers connect to the red binding posts on dual-mono. Devialet support should easily be able to confirm this.

Is that the correct way?

If you use  one subwoofer per channel you can go ahead and connect them without checking with Devialet. Yes, connect both the speaker and subwoofer to each amp terminal.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Thanks a lot ogs.