Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nathans system

Here is my mostly (sort of) completed system!

Speakers - Vivid audio B1
speaker cable - audioquest oak
Amp - Devialet d400
Power conditioner - Furman - this runs everything BAR the amps which are direct connect to a wall outlet
Source - dual pc set up. using BHE, AO, fidelizer and jplay. 
Audio pc has PPA usbv3 card and PPA dual head plug
PPA usbv3 card run via teddy pardo 5v/3a linear power supply
source 2 - Integra AV receiver for line in on TV

The smaller screen on the right of the TV is actually a Dell touchscreen monitor. The keyboards and mice are for when im playing with configurations but they are normally not present! If this wasnt the lounge room i wouldnt bother with a TV.

On hold until i get more cashola -
Fanless pc case for both computers
PPA sata cables and hard drive for music storage
Shunyata power conditioner for both amps
Furutech power cables for pcs and amps
Linear power supplies for both PCS

(soon to become a dealer for both shunyata and furutech so i can add these to my system while meeting the conditions of having demonstration stock)
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
Hello Nathan.

Nice setup!

Except the speakers my main system is quite similar. I assume you have tried many sources before you choose JPLAY. Did you switch to JPLAY 6.0 already? Also you should try AO 1.31 beta. What kind of of cable do you use to link the two PC's?

I am looking forward to your reply

Regards

Jan
(17-May-2015, 08:49)Gentleman Wrote: Hello Nathan.

Nice setup!

Except the speakers my main system is quite similar. I assume you have tried many sources before you choose JPLAY. Did you switch to JPLAY 6.0 already? Also you should try AO 1.31 beta. What kind of of cable do you use to link the two PC's?

I am looking forward to your reply

Regards

Jan

Honestly, i didnt try many sources, i got into the high end stuff about... a month ago.. and only finished building everything this week. since that time ive just been researching the different programs and what i thought would be good. I may considering trying out different sources in the future but at this point im happy with the set up.

AO 1.31B11 has just been released which makes Microsoft technical preview 2 build 10074 work. i updated it this morning and installed the server OS from 2012 essentials.

i run jplay 6.0 in the standard install - one thing i do want to try is the alternate version ill probably give that a shot during the week.

At this point i just use a standard cat6 cable to link them - but i forgot on my wishlist what i want to put inbetween the 2 computers is the SOtM lan isolator shown here http://www.sotm-audio.com/sotmwp/english.../iso-cat6/

Lots of people have reported a benefit by having a cisco router with a linear power supply between the 2 computers instead of a direct link as well.

Ive also got another serverboard on order that i receive at the end of the coming week at the moment i run windows 8.1 on my main pc so im looking forward to doing a comparison between my existing set with audio optimiser on one computer to both.
Amp - Devialet 400 Speakers - vivid audio B1 Speaker cable - audioquest oak Power conditioner - furman SPR 16IE Source - audio PC with paul pang audio usb card v3 and paul pang red dual usb cable running through jplay. usb card powered by teddy pardo power supply Source 2 - line in from integra AV receiver (TV)
(17-May-2015, 07:46)completeluxury Wrote: Here is my mostly (sort of) completed system!

Speakers - Vivid audio B1
speaker cable - audioquest oak
Amp - Devialet d400
Power conditioner - Furman - this runs everything BAR the amps which are direct connect to a wall outlet
Source - dual pc set up. using BHE, AO, fidelizer and jplay. 
Audio pc has PPA usbv3 card and PPA dual head plug
PPA usbv3 card run via teddy pardo 5v/3a linear power supply
source 2 - Integra AV receiver for line in on TV

The smaller screen on the right of the TV is actually a Dell touchscreen monitor. The keyboards and mice are for when im playing with configurations but they are normally not present! If this wasnt the lounge room i wouldnt bother with a TV.

On hold until i get more cashola -
Fanless pc case for both computers
PPA sata cables and hard drive for music storage
Shunyata power conditioner for both amps
Furutech power cables for pcs and amps
Linear power supplies for both PCS

(soon to become a dealer for both shunyata and furutech so i can add these to my system while meeting the conditions of having demonstration stock)

Nice system.
Where are you based at? Interesting to hear you become a shunyata dealer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Im based in perth, australia.

how about yourself?
(18-May-2015, 13:04)completeluxury Wrote: Im based in perth, australia.

how about yourself?

Currently in Singapore, but this is for business. I live in Istanbul.
Perth is a nice place but too far away from where I am.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So i thought i would update this to show my computer upgrades:

I went from standard computer chassis and did the following:

upgraded the control pc from standard motherboard to serverboard supermicro with xeon and 32gb ram

both chassis are streacom fc10 with heat pipe riser kits

each pc is powered by 2 linear power supplies:

1 x 100 watt 12v R-core teradak lpsu for the cpu
1 x 200 watt 12v teradak lpsu for the motherboard
200 watt 12v pico psu in each.

the ppa usb v3 card is still powered by the teddy pardo lpsu.

for the mean time ive still got standard cabling to each ssd etc installed but i took steps for the meantime:

I bought aluminium tape and completely wrapped each cable for shielding, and then wrapped that up with electrical tape!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)