Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
anyway to fix this dent
    hi guys
i have a phantom with a small dent.. any easy way to fix this ?

cheers
Yes, although it is quite an involved process.

Here is a video showing how you would do so. The only video of its kind.

Basically you take the unit apart. You can remove the woofer unit from the main unit. And press the dents out from the inside out.

https://youtu.be/JGzKwkGjfy4
Devialet Phantom (White)
I also have a small dent in the side of my Phantom just like that. When I contacted Devialet for repair options, they basically said no and offered me a not-so-great discount on a new one to replace it. I did not do that and wish that I could more easily repair the dent, so am following this post if anyone has ideas/options.
I looked at that video. In my opninion it is not a nice fix.

I have this idea that you have cover made out of alu or carbon to cover the entire woofer. The weight gain would be minimal.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Personally, no way I would try to disassemble a phantom for any reason, unless it was completely dead and broken already.
Maybe you could "wrap" to hide the blemish using the plastic sheeting like they do with cars?
Or get a pair of Geckos - mount it up on the wall where its "safe" and the blemish maybe is out of sight, out of mind.
(30-Sep-2020, 14:03)kmjy Wrote: Yes, although it is quite an involved process.

Here is a video showing how you would do so. The only video of its kind.

Basically you take the unit apart. You can remove the woofer unit from the main unit. And press the dents out from the inside out.

https://youtu.be/JGzKwkGjfy4

This looks too hardcore and not something I could do to my speakers
(30-Sep-2020, 14:14)HansP Wrote: I looked at that video. In my opninion it is not a nice fix.

I have this idea that you have cover made out of alu or carbon to cover the entire woofer. The weight gain would be minimal.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

The weight of the woofer will change quite a bit, and the sound will deteriorate for shure. Even the weight of the paint is taken in consideration when engineering the woofers. I would just leave it like it is.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Ya I guess that’s the best thing to do