Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
are you using SAM with your D400?
(13-Jun-2015, 13:48)MusicFirst Wrote: I have set the tone controls at 30 hz and 8000 hz based on measurements done in an Australian review of my Jamo R909s. 

What kind of measurements were these?
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
(13-Jun-2015, 09:58)m zjfp Wrote: interesting Dr Tone, I did not know all this.
My Onira are large speakers and my room is 50M2 square. What is rooms setup ?

I'm not sure it really matters. I'm having Armonias in a 42m2 room. 
They basically share the same mid/woofer, although the Onira is having two and the Armonia only one. The Onira also has a ribbon tweeter with approximatively twice the radiating area as the one on the Armonia. Their sensitivity differs by 3dB as you would expect and the extra bass extension of the Onira (15Hz) with SAM vs the Armonia (20Hz) goes in ranges where most musical genres don't have a lot of content. 

So I'm not surprised that 100% SAM works for you as it does for me. Assuming that we are listening at comparable distance (about 3m) and at similar SPL (75 to 80 dB SPL sustain with peaks to 103 dB) I would think that the main difference between the Onira and the Armonia would not be in Room coupling but that the Onira would exhibit lower distortion than the Armonia since the drivers would stay in a more linear range.
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France