Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
config download problem
hi guys,i need help cause i can t download my configuration in my sd card!i tried several times ,error download config message triggererd!i don t get it,after downloading,save file as then error message! fffff,i m without SAM  now!
pls help
(22-Sep-2016, 20:29)samsoum Wrote: hi guys,i need help cause i can t download my configuration in my sd card!i tried several times ,error download config message triggererd!i don t get it,after downloading,save file as then error message! fffff,i m without SAM  now!
pls help

More data needed! Are you using a Mac or Windows?  Which OS and browser are you using?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(22-Sep-2016, 20:29)samsoum Wrote: hi guys,i need help cause i can t download my configuration in my sd card!i tried several times ,error download config message triggererd!i don t get it,after downloading,save file as then error message! fffff,i m without SAM  now!
pls help

Some browsers can be a bit difficult (Safari for some). Try to do it with another browser.

Tip: Don't download to your SD card. Save all your configurations in appropriately named folders on your computer. Always delete the old file from the SD card first. Take the SD card out and put it back in. Check that it's empty. Then copy the new file on. This way you're always assured there's nothing old hanging around on the SD card. I've always done it this way and never had an issue.

Good luck,

Pim
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Thks guys, i m using macbook pro, safari. I ll try firefox and will download it in my desktop. I ve sent a request to devialet as well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Samosum,

There are several threads and many posts about this type of problem; I think they are 6 or 8 months old. Safari can be a problem, but Firefox works well. I think Jean-Marie had a tip about using Safari; just can't remember what it was. But a search will find it. Something about 'save target as...' Then to the desktop. It is a relatively easy workaround.

As Pim suggests, it is wise to save the downloads to a folder, and it is essential to delete everything on the SD card before loading a new config. This step includes emptying the trash with the card in the computer.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Google Chrome works well on the Mac as well.

While I do download direct to my SD card, I do delete the old configuration file off of it first. As others noted, downloading to local hard drive/folder is probably the wisest course.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Also check for thread about SD card format software. Some users have found that third-party formatting software can help.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Jean Marie tip when using OS Safari was - right mouse Click and then "Open in New Tab". This helped me as well after many years of struggling with Safari!
Pro 440, B&W 804D, HMS In Concerto Speaker cables, Audioquest Jitterbug & Cinnamon USB, 2018 Mac Mini with 8Gb RAM, Furutech G320 Power cable, Audirvana Studio, 4 x 2TB SSD External Drives
Thk you guys, really appreciate the help. I tried firefox and chrome with no help. Actually when i right click only downl.link.as appears when cliked , a text file is downloaded : (
When opened in new tab, same kind of text file and not the exec file. I joined 2 photos . By the way devialet customer service was quick , after one day, to respond to my request by saying the same thing as you guys.    

[Image: 5f45aef66bd57a503bc79f94c8895d11.jpg]