Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
config left - right speakers
Hello there,

newbie, just got Dialog and two Phantom yesterday. setup went well, did the touching of each Phantom, selected Living Room in Spark, drag and dropped my two Phantoms in the left and right slots for speakers, etc... All plays well.

But I have a nagging doubt. How does Dialog know the left from the right speaker? I don t recall having to identify physically my left speaker before I assigned it as my left speaker. Or is it just playing each speaker the same which would be a loss for stereo rendering?

many thanks in advance for help on such trivial stuff...
Normallly you should assign a left and a right speaker during set up in Spark. If I open Spark I see the following under "Options" - "devices"[Image: f57604aa71a30bdc5359b798afb316cb.jpg]
Yes, I see this too. I just did miss the step during setup (if any) where I would specify which speaker is which.

So as a work-around I unplugged my left speaker, and on the screen you show I see which one of the two remains. Murphy's contribution is that the one remaining said ..-Left so I know my setting was wrong. But at least I knew it. Not knowing how to set this correctly with the over-simplistic Spark IMHO, I switch the location ov my two speakers physically. So now the one on the left corresponds to the ..-Left in Dialog's list of devices.

But would still be interested in fixing this issue / setting this correctly in Dialog...
(12-Nov-2017, 09:34)jmwismer Wrote: ... drag and dropped my two Phantoms in the left and right slots for speakers, etc...

I would say that you answered your own question, well almost. Cool

At the point that Spark requests that you drag and drop each Phantom into a position, the selected Phantom emits a ping and “flaps” the bass cones to identify which one you are moving.

I’ll put your oversight down to the excitement you had in wanting to listen to them. Angel

Oh! and, painfully, you will have to perform another setup. There is no other way to re-assign.
(12-Nov-2017, 21:27)alandbush Wrote:
(12-Nov-2017, 09:34)jmwismer Wrote: ... drag and dropped my two Phantoms in the left and right slots for speakers, etc...

I would say that you answered your own question, well almost.   Cool

At the point that Spark requests that you drag and drop each Phantom into a position, the selected Phantom emits a ping and “flaps” the bass cones to identify which one you are moving.

I’ll put your oversight down to the excitement you had in wanting to listen to them.  Angel

Oh! and, painfully, you will have to perform another setup. There is no other way to re-assign.

thank you alandbush for your precise and comprehensive answer! I missed the ping and flaps indeed...