Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
config question for dual mono
finally about to receive my second d 200. in preparation, I was looking at the configurator and trying to create a new configuration. i will be using an RCA to AES/EBU for the digital "chain". and I was going to add a trigger cable as I understand one is required if I wish to be able to see both LCD screens simultaneously. also, I assume the top unit in the configurator is the Master and the bottom the slave. my confusion is from the trigger. I don't seem to be able to enable the trigger on the slave. is this  correct?

I would have thought the master would be a "trigger Out" and the slave a "trigger in", but maybe I am not understanding the  trigger operation in this setup, but you can see the trigger on the slave is not configurable at all. I assume I would still plug my 3.5 mm cable into this bottom trigger port on the slave?

also, re the download. do I need to download a configuration from the master and the slave? or would the master download contain the detail for loading into the slave? I know I have to add a configuration onto both, just not sure if one SD card contains all the needed configuration for both master and slave and how does it know which unit is which?

I stumbled across PIMS configuration process and see that I should load the master and slave configs separately, so I have already created my separate folders for master and slave, and have utilized the download from both master and slave, but I still am unsure of this "trigger" and not sure why it is grayed out in my configuration. for those of you who use the trigger cable, is this expected?
To use trigger cable, you must have activated the "Share sources from Companion" option for the companion chaining input. But, as far as I know, this option is only available for RCA to RCA connection (not for RCA to AES/EBU).
Thanks Daniel. That seems to be the issue. That option only seems to be possible with the rca to rca connection. Wondering what setting it is in the config and if it’s possible to manually edit the cfg file to somehow turn that “share sources” on as it appears to just be an oversight with how Devialet set that up.

Or if there’s a direct section of the config that deals with the slaves display. I was not able to find anything that stood out as the display section of the config file.

That’s the only thing I really want, to have the slave display function like the master does.
The normal behavior is for the slave display to work like the master does. So I would try the normal configuration, with the link cable that you prefer. If I had problems with this, only then would I see what the cause is and if it can be solved by intervening in the configuration files.
Ok, I thought the slave display not showing was the norm. Good to know that is not the case and it should be “on” by default with no trigger cable.
(05-Feb-2024, 05:19)mmorrison55 Wrote: Ok, I thought the slave display not showing was the norm. Good to know that is not the case and it should be “on” by default with no trigger cable.

I have my 440s connected by RCA-AES/EBU. No trigger cable. With the amps in standby, only the master’s screen is on.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(05-Feb-2024, 11:06)Axel Wrote:
(05-Feb-2024, 05:19)mmorrison55 Wrote: Ok, I thought the slave display not showing was the norm. Good to know that is not the case and it should be “on” by default with no trigger cable.

I have my 440s connected by RCA-AES/EBU. No trigger cable. With the amps in standby, only the master’s screen is on.

How about when in operation?
Happy to report my second 200 arrived today and the hookup and config load went smoothly. Also happy to report I was worried for nothing as both displays are on and show details and volume as expected.

I’m not sure why some are reporting their slave display is off. Not sure if this is the kicker, but seems those I’ve heard from who have reported the slave display not working have the newer pro models. So if that is the case, I’m guessing it’s with then firmware or config for those pro models?

You would think it would be an easy enough thing for Devialet to figure out (if they wanted to).

By the way, my config is exactly as shown in the screeen shot above. Everything else is turned off except for my Ethernet, digital chain, and speakers.
(05-Feb-2024, 18:40)mmorrison55 Wrote: By the way, my config is exactly as shown in the screeen shot above. Everything else is turned off except for my Ethernet, digital chain, and speakers.

Thats my config too ... for 440-Pro CI. But with a small twist ... 

1. I downloaded the Master file and called it "master-left". 
2. I then made my speakers L to R in that same Master diagram, AND activate the AES/EBU input and downloaded the file as "master-right".
That eradicates any devialet config errors and makes sure you have your Dual-Mono as exact Left & Right identicals.

Daniel is an expert on this ...
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US