Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
db's upgrade - 1/2 done
In perfect time for a damp bank holiday weekend.

Now the builders have finally left the building I've swapped my ML Summits for a pair of Magico S5's. Their metal contruction means after 5 hours in the house they are literally still warming up, but first impressions are fantastic. An incredibly detailed, well balanced sound. A lot to do now to get the room under control - it's very lively and I don't really want it be part of my audio setup.

Once everything is up to temperature then i'll give sam a go and do some serious listening.

Part 2 of the upgrade in a few weeks when I upgrade my 800's to 900's. So the only thing that will have survived this round of upgrades are the Transparant ref mm2's and the PS P10 power plant.

Qobuz, Audirvana Plus, Mac Mini, Original d'Atelier #56, Wilson Sasha II's, PS Audio P10 Powerplant, Transparent Ref XL MM2 speaker cables, Transparent Ref power cables,  Audioquest Diamond Ethernet
S5 MKII?
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

Hey no mk 1's - an ex demo pair. The jump in price to mk 2's felt too much..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Qobuz, Audirvana Plus, Mac Mini, Original d'Atelier #56, Wilson Sasha II's, PS Audio P10 Powerplant, Transparent Ref XL MM2 speaker cables, Transparent Ref power cables,  Audioquest Diamond Ethernet