Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
eq settings and sound
Have you guys played with eq settings and what are best eq settings/placement(tv stand) for 95db models. I have a pair of reactor 600's. I have about 2 meters space between the units. Audio sounds little bit muddy/lacks mods/trebles(low end is good) in some trans. I'm comparing these to generic g threes that I used to own. They're produced more crispier sound, but genetlecs are different kind of speakers(monitors). Pretty happy with these, but if I can optimize audio quality even more please share a tips for placement and eq settings that you find that might improve sound more/less muddy.

Also Would be nice if WIIM Mini users would share their EQ settings.
Hi.
And how do you plan to eq them ?
From devialet app where you only have High and Low ? Even with high at maximum they will still lack mids and trebles.
What is your source(s) ?
If you stream wireless / bluetooth you can add eq with an external app (ex. poweramp eq was pretty good to me, especially after I played a little with compressor also, not just the eq part).
If you input from ... let's say the TV, via optical - than you need to buy an external device to place between the tv and the phantoms. This device needs to have eq. One example would be wiim mini (100 $) or wiim pro (150 $). Wiim pro has optical in - optical out, wiim mini only has aux in - optical out, but both have a 10 band eq.
I wonder when Devialet will release a more complex eq, not just bass and trebles ... I have an anker soundcore at under 100$ with ... I think 10 bands eq in the app !
(08-Jan-2023, 09:11)marius23mvp Wrote: Hi.
And how do you plan to eq them ?
From devialet app where you only have High and Low ? Even with high at maximum they will still lack mids and trebles.
What is your source(s) ?
If you stream wireless / bluetooth you can add eq with an external app (ex. poweramp eq was pretty good to me, especially after I played a little with compressor also, not just the eq part).
If you input from ... let's say the TV, via optical - than you need to buy an external device to place between the tv and the phantoms. This device needs to have eq. One example would be wiim mini (100 $) or wiim pro (150 $). Wiim pro has optical in - optical out, wiim mini only has aux in - optical out, but both have a 10 band eq.
I wonder when Devialet will release a more complex eq, not just bass and trebles ... I have an anker soundcore at under 100$ with ... I think 10 bands eq in the app !
I use iphone and airplay to stream music. Those high and mid are what I like to have more. Have to test some eq app if that would help. Tv sound is not that important, but matbe ill try those solutions what you succested. Did you get better mids and highs with eq??
Hi
I have good experience with the WIIM MINI streamer. Especially if you mostly stream via airplay.
It has a simple 10 band eq, is connected to the optical input and is cheap.

Best regards
(09-Jan-2023, 06:05)Memphis_1984 Wrote: Hi
I have good experience with the WIIM MINI streamer. Especially if you mostly stream via airplay.

Best regards

Can you share your eq settings if possible. Today I tried with radio app with eq and it totally brings these speakers alive. Orderrd also wiim mini today.
Hi

I would recommend setting the eq to you preference, that’s all🤞

Because what I may think sounds good, might not be the same as you.

Good luck

Best regards
(09-Jan-2023, 06:05)Memphis_1984 Wrote: Hi

Best regards

Can you share your eq settings if possible. Today I tried with radio app with eq and it totally brings these speakers alive. Orderrd also wiim mini today.
Do you have a picture of how they are set up? I notices that the sound was a bit wonky when they were near the edge of something but not all the way to it. EX: Putting it near the edge of a table sounded bad. Putting it all the way to about the middle of the table or all the way to the edge so that the base of the unit was right on the edge was better too.

I think with the dispersion it has there might be some issues with diffraction causing cancellation depending on how you've placed it. I used to have a pair of Phantom Reactors but upgraded to a Genelec 8260+7271 system.