Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
gemini 1 vs gemini 2
Is there a huge leap in audio quality on Gemini2 comp+ared to gemini1 model. And any other improvement that justifies 200 euros more in price.
(24-May-2024, 07:40)tovuori Wrote: Is there a huge leap in audio quality on Gemini2 comp+ared to gemini1 model. And any other impairment that justifies 200 euros more in price.

I'm going to say yes. Received mine earlier this week and still settling in with them. I find Gemini II has a much more open, airy sound with better separation, whereas Gemini I came across as more veiled. I did use the increased treble setting in the EQ though. Fit and finish feels much better and solid and it is smaller and more comfortable to wear. 

For me, the increased cost isn't about if it's better, but what to do with them once they reach their end of life. Seems expensive for something that could be considered "disposable" once the battery degrades, although that applies to all TWS. Even though Devialet offers replacement parts, my understanding is it's not cost effective compared to getting a new set.

The Gemini II are one step closer, if not already almost there in terms of being comparable to wired IEMs though.
I got my Gemini II's earlier this week. (Came from Sony Linkbuds S)
So far the only thing i miss is the ability to disable both transparency and ANC.
The case is way smaller compared to the original Gemini's.
Sennheiser AMBEO Soundbar KEF KC62  |  Devialet Expert 250 Pro KEF LS50 Meta  |  KEF LSX