Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help me decide
(13-Nov-2020, 15:13)burgundy Wrote: what would you pick out of these?  
I am trying to get a set of amps for my Focal Sopra 2. I use Roon exclusively. There are some used units available, as well as some demo ones from dealers in my area:

1) a set of older Premiers.  They are 2 units of different ages put together, to create a D500. No network card.  I will need to use a streamer for Roon

2) a set of D440 pro: demo units at a dealer.  Discounted, about $4000 USD more than 1)

3) D140 pro: used unit, about $3000 USD.

what do you think?
thanks

As somebody who just got the 440 pro about 3 weeks ago, I would say THAT is definitely your best option of the 3. 

The 440 pro will be HUGE step up from the 140 pro, and since you are using roon, the ability to use RAAT straight to the 440 pro eliminates the need for streamer or other equipment.

I ONLY got roon when I get the 440 pros, and it is EXACTLY what I wanted.  I can use my ipad or my phone to control everything.  I pulled my QNAP NAS out of storage, updated it, and running roon on it.  It is upstairs in the closet, and using roon via wi-fi with ZERO issues. 

So blown away by the 440 pros...  I think you will be VERY happy you went that route.
-----
MAIN: Devialet Expert Pro 440, KEF R11, JL Audio Fathom 112v2, Niagara 1200, Audioquest Monsoon, NRG-Z3 cables, bi-wire Rocket 33.

BEDROOM: KEF LS-50, Nuprime IDA-16, Node 2i, JL Audio e-sub 110, Crystal Cables
GYM:  Devialet Reactor 900
EARS: Gemini on order, and custom JH Audio - JH13v2 Pro's
ROON running on 8-bay QNAP NAS for Tidal Streaming (no stored music)