Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
iOS App Won't Lock In
The iOS app will lock in to my D200 with the default configuration (no SD card installed) but will not lock in with the SD card installed. Everything else (seemingly) works just fine.

Any assistance is appreciated.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
Have you maybe disabled Ethernet and wifi on your custom config?
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
(31-May-2015, 19:17)iamwappie Wrote: Have you maybe disabled Ethernet and wifi on your custom config?

Ethernet is but WiFi is not.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
Can you validate that the Devialet has a working network connection? If you're streaming music to it successfully via AIR then I presume so. Otherwise you may need to figure if it's got a valid IP address and perhaps use a network utility such as ping to check it's reachable.
Another possibility, especially if it's a wi-fi only connection is that multicast traffic is blocked on the wi-fi access point/router. This is a guess on my part as I don't know how the iOS app performs the discovery of the Devialet on the network, but if so it could be a wireless setting on the router such as 'IGMP Proxy' or 'IGMP Snooping' being disabled. Of course this wouldn't explain why it only works with the SD card removed (unless you've got the Devialet plugged in via ethernet too, which would be enabled by default with the factory config of no SD card).
(01-Jun-2015, 16:17)Rufus McDufus Wrote: Can you validate that the Devialet has a working network connection? If you're streaming music to it successfully via AIR then I presume so. Otherwise you may need to figure if it's got a valid IP address and perhaps use a network utility such as ping to check it's reachable.
Another possibility, especially if it's a wi-fi only connection is that multicast traffic is blocked on the wi-fi access point/router. This is a guess on my part as I don't know how the iOS app performs the discovery of the Devialet on the network, but if so it could be a wireless setting on the router such as 'IGMP Proxy' or 'IGMP Snooping' being disabled.

(1) I powered down the D200 and removed the SD card, then I turned it on and the network is live (rapidly blinking light on Ethernet connection at the D200). The iOS app works fine.

(2) I inserted the SD card (power down, insert card the power up) and the iOS app doesn't connect. The light on the Ethernet connection doesn't blink.

(3) I will completely redo the configuration and try again.
Just this morning I had to do the identical wifi network config 3 times to get iOS app to work. On 3rd attempt it worked and I'm now up & running. Problem 'may' have been powering down (as you described in step 2) the 3rd time I did it I just inserted the SD card while Devialet was on and streaming. iOS came online immediately and worked like a charm!
Statements in my posts are opinion only, not to be construed as fact. Any projects I engage in are at my own risk! Their outcome cannot be assured and may result in success, small/no change or catastrophic failure. I encourage no one rely on anything I say or do as gospel and to realize your mileage may vary!
I did a reconfiguration and now the iPhone app works as advertised. I tried the iPhone app on my iPad but it won't work, which isn't a problem form me.

Thanks everyone for the tips.