Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
iOS Devialet Remote App disconnects.
I have not used the remote app for a while, but when I used it yesterday I discovered that it had become very unstable, whereas in the past it always worked perfectly.

When you open the app it works fine, everything exactly as it should be.  Then after a few seconds it appears to lose connection, so you just get the annoying circle of rotating lines in the centre of the app display.  A few seconds later, it will reconnect for a few seconds, then disconnect.

I have tried the remote app on both an iPhone and an iPad AIR, both show similar behaviour.  I have also tried running the app on both the iPhone and iPad simultaneously and the timing of the connection and disconnection looks a little random, they certainly do not run in sync.  

I have checked the apps are up to date.  This morning I have updated to the latest iOS 11.0.3, which made zero difference to this particular issue.  Also, I do not think this is a WiFi issue.  WiFi works perfectly on both devices, and the issue I describe here occurs with the devices only a few feet in clear sight of the router.  Everything else works fine via WiFi on these devices, even trying a broadband speed checker app I can get download speeds of 160Mb/s on the iPad.

Any ideas?  Does anyone else have the same issue?

EDIT: I have been playing music and keeping an eye on the remote app for most of the morning, curiously, it has been 100% stable for the last hour. One thing I hate is intermittent faults!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I have the same issue with my iPhone 5, but not with my iPad Air. Both running the same iOS version 10.3.3.

The iPhone connects momentarily then disconnects with just the whirling thingy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
Close other applications on your device and check your time to sign in.
(15-Oct-2017, 15:14)ghosttipper Wrote: Close other applications on your device and check your time to sign in.

Under 2 seconds.....   Does this tell me anything?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Hello Confused, try times the following:

Update network settings

In the iPhones / iPad -> WLAN, tap the blue i to the right of the network.
Ignore this network.
Re-connect to the network (network password required).
Wireless iPhone connect
Alternatively, reset the entire network settings:

Settings -> General -> Reset -> Network settings.

With me it helped. Rolleyes
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
I have had the same issue for a long time. With my iPhone 5S and with an Ipad. My network is very stable and properly configured. I recently changed the 5S for an 8 and no disconnect issues anymore. I´m glad but unclear where the root cause is.
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands