Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
is 1.14.1.3 still the latest?
When I first got the phantoms there was a software update almost every month, now there hasn't been one in more than a year.  Is 1.14.1.3 still the latest or something off w/ my system?
(13-Sep-2019, 05:44)mtvanc Wrote: When I first got the phantoms there was a software update almost every month, now there hasn't been one in more than a year.  Is 1.14.1.3 still the latest or something off w/ my system?

Dear Friends, We have identified the problems faced by many owners of Phantom Premier with the Spark app. When they come forward, they are a source of legitimate frustration that we share. We usually solve them on a case-by-case basis, but we also work actively upstream to reduce these occurrences, often accentuated by network instabilities. We wanted to keep you informed of the concrete solutions we are working on to ensure the stability and scalability of your Phantom Premier. Our engineers are developing a new architecture called Devialet Operating System version 2 (DOS 2) aimed at:

Guarantee an open, robust and scalable system

Focus on streaming protocols and market standards

Bring our different products together on a single user interface

Phantom Reactor is already working on this new operating system that allows in particular to choose its network interface (Wifi, CPL) and ensure greater stability in network environments increasingly heterogeneous. It is driven by the new application Devialet (iOS and Android) which offers a fluid user experience, already appreciated by users (es) concerned.

The absence of Spark update on the occasion of the above output is only transient. Our teams are focused on developing compatibility between Phantom Premier and this new operating system. Before the end of the year, you will be asked to install the new software architecture on your Phantom Premier if it better suits your needs. Thus, those of you who want to keep current configurations and uses can stay on the current system; the others will be able to use the new operational system as soon as it is available on Phantom Premier, or later on when introducing additional features.

Rest assured that we will always listen to you, in perpetual quest of the best solutions to offer a long and bright future to your precious investments.
We will of course keep you informed of the progress of the aforementioned developments.

Sincerely,
Olivier Sterenberg,
Head of Software Engineering
(13-Sep-2019, 10:14)Carloscdk Wrote:
(13-Sep-2019, 05:44)mtvanc Wrote: When I first got the phantoms there was a software update almost every month, now there hasn't been one in more than a year.  Is 1.14.1.3 still the latest or something off w/ my system?

Dear Friends, We have identified the problems faced by many owners of Phantom Premier with the Spark app. When they come forward, they are a source of legitimate frustration that we share. We usually solve them on a case-by-case basis, but we also work actively upstream to reduce these occurrences, often accentuated by network instabilities. We wanted to keep you informed of the concrete solutions we are working on to ensure the stability and scalability of your Phantom Premier. Our engineers are developing a new architecture called Devialet Operating System version 2 (DOS 2) aimed at:

Guarantee an open, robust and scalable system

Focus on streaming protocols and market standards

Bring our different products together on a single user interface

Phantom Reactor is already working on this new operating system that allows in particular to choose its network interface (Wifi, CPL) and ensure greater stability in network environments increasingly heterogeneous. It is driven by the new application Devialet (iOS and Android) which offers a fluid user experience, already appreciated by users (es) concerned.

The absence of Spark update on the occasion of the above output is only transient. Our teams are focused on developing compatibility between Phantom Premier and this new operating system. Before the end of the year, you will be asked to install the new software architecture on your Phantom Premier if it better suits your needs. Thus, those of you who want to keep current configurations and uses can stay on the current system; the others will be able to use the new operational system as soon as it is available on Phantom Premier, or later on when introducing additional features.

Rest assured that we will always listen to you, in perpetual quest of the best solutions to offer a long and bright future to your precious investments.
We will of course keep you informed of the progress of the aforementioned developments.

Sincerely,
Olivier Sterenberg,
Head of Software Engineering

Thank you for the update. It is much appreciated. I look forward to the new software.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I hope that there will also be an user backup/restore-option for the old configuraton !

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Hope the update will come before 2022.
Why was the URL removed?
FYI on the reactors i can choose between PLC and WiFi, but if I’m using ethernet I can’t select other mechanisms, nor does the app tell me which is in use, which seems a crazy and basic UI oversight.

If this is the right thing to do, Devialet should make it a required update not optional. They clearly are not the best at managing time and software development; creating themselves more frameworks to support is just pointless technical debt and shows a lack of confidence in their own solutions.
The URL that was removed: http://dos2-migration.dvlt.io/
(28-Sep-2019, 10:01)Austinforest Wrote: The URL that was removed: http://dos2-migration.dvlt.io/
What is that ? Where does that URL come from ?  Huh
Hi. No clue. 
It was posted on the forum, then removed. 
I thought it was interesting, so was the JSON value returned. 
That’s why I decided to repost it.