Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mac os sierra, ios 10 and spark - no music playback via airplay
hello,

recently i have upgraded all my apple products to the latest versions of their operating systems. as i am eager to avoid spark wherever possible, i have connected an apple tv3 via toslink cable to the dialog. as many, i have set the volume to about 50 in the spark app and played my music from the mac or idevice via airplay. 
since i have updated to the latest operating system versions, mac os sierra 10.12 and ios 10.0.2, i am not able anymore to make my phantoms play music. i haven't changed anything on the setup or cables and i have installed the recent update on the phantoms 1.8.1.54 and spark 1.6.3. so everything is running latest software, but no sound :-(

has anyone the same problems and maybe a solution to it?

thanks,
senso
Check Devices in the spark, optical might be disabled on the Dialog. Also, try enabling autoswitch for Optical if it's not enabled yet.
hello dmitrek,

thanks for your reply. it might sound a bit awkward, but i took your advise and simply switched off the optical input and auto recognition. after switching it on again, it worked! stange, but it solved my problem.

thanks,
senso