Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
mixing Phantom Reactor 900 + Phantom II for stereo sound?
Hi all,

I wanted to purchase another Phantom Reactor 900 for stereo sound, but I've noticed that it's obsolete and now it is called "Phantom II"... do you know if is it possible for a mix of phantom reactor + phantom II? 

And if it is possible... could you please help me out with what phantom II version should I purchase for stereo mode with my old phantom reactor 900?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!  Big Grin
I don’t think there is much difference between the two, therefore you should have no issue with making such a stereo pair, providing you have/ can have you 900 on the latest software version.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
I purchased a pair when they were named the Reactor. In the Devialet app they’re now named the PhantomII. I’d check with Devialet regarding finish. Cheers.
2 Channel Power / Signal Path: APC H15 → Mistral Audio W-3900 → Custom Roon Server → Silent Angel Bonn N8 → Silent Angel Forester F1 → miniDSP SHD Studio → Mutec MC-3+ USB → Devialet Phantom I 108dB

Headphone iFi Audio iDSD Signature → Grado GS1000i
(02-Jun-2022, 22:55)controlclaudio Wrote: Hi all,

I wanted to purchase another Phantom Reactor 900 for stereo sound, but I've noticed that it's obsolete and now it is called "Phantom II"... do you know if is it possible for a mix of phantom reactor + phantom II? 

And if it is possible... could you please help me out with what phantom II version should I purchase for stereo mode with my old phantom reactor 900?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!  Big Grin

To match your Reactor 900 you’ll want to get a Phantom II 98 dB. The 95 dB version would be the equivalent to the Reactor 600.
2x Phantom II 98db
In theory, the Reactor 900 should be identical to the Phantom II 98 dB. In practice, over the years, Devialet changes things underneath in the Phantom I and II range. Hence, it is preferable to buy units which are closer to each other's manufacturing dates.
Yes, I have such pair, they work great. One from 2019 which is Reactor 900, another from 2021 (replaced by Devialet care) which is Phantom II. They work great with stereo setup in Application
Keep me updated on the progress! Sounds cool